2016 Tresaith Bootcamp April 23-30

Shwmae Iestyn,
I’m not sure if I was clear about when I will go for the Bootcamp. I would like to book for the end of July 23-30. That’s when my son in law has long service leave. Thank you,
Lynne

Vaughan, hello

We are looking for accommodation too. Might stay in dormitory to get the fun and extra chat, but might go for a holiday cottage, don’t know yet. If we got one big enough, would you be up for sharing? I can see 2 and 3 -bedroom places available. But we haven’t decided yet. There are 2 of us.

Alan

Iestyn, hi

Dormitory sounds fine, appreciate the fun of it and extra chat etc. Judith is more edgy about it and might want her own space, mainly for sleeping. If we wanted a cottage or room of some kind, there are 2 or 3 associated with the Canolfan/Hostel aren’t there? Could we have one of those? For a price obviously! The closer to the action, the better. Can book and pay immediately if there’s something suitable.

If we do end up in a cottage and it’s not one of the ones you control, it will be a commercial holiday rental and could have space extra bedroom/s for other guests. But whatever, we don’t know yet. What have you got there?

Thanks, Alan

Just for clarity’s sake - we don’t own/control any of the cottages - they’re owned by the same people who own the Canolfan, which we rent… :sunny:

But they are always happy to take overflow/no-dorm-thanks Bootcampers - you can see what they’ve got and get in touch with them at www.tresaith.net :sunny:

Hi Alan

Thanks for being in touch. I would definitely prefer to be in one of the cottages. If you are thinking of going ahead I would be happy to join you.

Vaughan

Instead of “edit” you press delete however the post itself even if edited out or deleted reamins here for ages no matter it says it will go off in 24 hours. :slight_smile: So you just did one of the right things though.

[size=10.5]
Sorry to go offtopic but just had to explain this no matter it was already detaily explained here. You might find plenty of usefu stuff on how to on this forum @lynne_freudigmann searching through this post also.
Now I’ll let you go back on topic. :slight_smile:
[/size]

1 Like

Having a slight worry that I might have signed up for the wrong course. I am following the Northern course as although I live in London my family are from North Wales.

Don’t worry. The two bootcamps in Tresaith I have been on have been equally-balanced between northern and southern learners. You will be fine.

Thanks

Thank you for that Tatjana. I am not tech savvy and have no desire to be either! Its a good thing there are smart people out there. Smile!

2 Likes

You’re always welcome. No problem.

1 Like

Just for confirmation, is this bootcamp full? (April2016)
Diolch, Rebecca

Pinging @iestyn :sunny:

Hi rebeccablack,

I can confirm that there is still one place available on the April bootcamp - and I’ve been out today sorting out some activities for it. Now the sun’s shining and bootcamp season is almost upon us, I’m getting excited for it all over again!

2 Likes

Ok. Diolch Iestyn, I will check with my boss at work and see if I can get time off…

1 Like

Hi all, looking forward to the bootcamp next month.

I’m coming on my own and I was just wondering if anyone was travelling from South Wales (I live in Cardiff) and would like to car share ( share fuel costs). Ideally I would leave my car (for use by my partner and kids) and share yours, however I could potentially use ours…

Diolch, Jo

1 Like

Hello All

I’m signed up for the April bootcamp. I live in Llanelli where I retired to after a career in schools in England and Scotland. I’m originally a Swansea Jack but am slowly being accepted by the lovely people of Llanelli. Really looking forward to the week though I know it’s going to be tiring.

Gareth

1 Like

Tiring? Yes, definitely. We make sure of that!

Fulfilling? I hope so!

I’m just putting the finishing touches on a programme now, so that we are busy but not flat out - we schedule in quite a bit of “down time” so that those who need it can have a rest, but there never needs to be a quiet moment, and there’s always something to do, to talk about or to plan.

How many of you like wine? I could include a vineyard trip if you’re up for it?

Iestyn

3 Likes

As the vocabulary lesson taught me: dw i’n yfed popeth a gormod. So, wine and vineyards sounds good to me. My tiring reference is to the need to concentrate on listening. I enjoy the Carmarthen meet-up but that’s only 2 hours long and I certainly need a drink at the end of it. Great fun though.

Hi Vaughan, just seen this. We are sorted now in a small place, but if you are still wondering what to do I will forward you some contacts I came across while I was looking. Phone me if you like on 01273 613961 (UK). Alan