2019 Tresaith Bwtcamp July 20-27 - Sold Out

Kia ora, Huw.

3 Likes

Looking forward to meeting you. Thoughts headed your way after the recent tragedy.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’ve really enjoyed reading your little bios and starting to get to know you.

I’m Laura. I’m from Scotland, now living in Oxford, but soon to be living in Cardiff. I used to live in Aberystwyth before I moved to England, and that was where my interest in Welsh started. Explaining all this tests my knowledge of the past tense.

At the moment, my main reason for wanting to learn Welsh is so that when I move back to Wales, I’ll be just as comfortable chatting in Welsh as in English. My partner is also learning Welsh, and I have a few friends in Wales who speak Welsh, so I often find myself in situations where Welsh is at least half of the chat, so it would be grand to be able to keep up.

I enjoy walking, so I’m really looking forward to plenty of long walks and talks. I love being by the sea, and I’m hoping the weather will be good enough for a wee ‘dook’ in the water!

Laura :smiley:

5 Likes

Please could I go on the waiting list for any camp for anyone that drops out please?

I think you need to go to the booking page and try to book. I’m pretty certain it takes you to a waiting list, which other people may be on. If someone drops out @Iestyn sends an email to those on the list and there may well be competition for that space. At least that’s how it was a few years ago.

I’m not sure the waiting list is still working like that now. Iestyn asks people to post in the thread for the particular bwtcamp.
@joanne-taylor - you’ve posted here for the July one, and I can see that you’ve posted in the May one as well, so Iestyn will have your name on both waiting lists. Remember that the June Bwtcamp booking hasn’t opened yet, so watch 2019 Tresaith Bwtcamp June 22-29 and add your name there if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Thank you Margaret and Dee :

Oops, forgot to do this when the email arrived! I’m Clare and I’m from England originally, Oxford, but now live in San Francisco. We went to Wales all the time as children, but never learnt any welsh and I still often go when I come back from the States to visit family. Somewhere all that welsh influence had been simmering inside me and last year, to my surprise, I decided I wanted to learn Welsh.
I have two boys, 6 and 10, whom I am leaving with their Grandmother in Bristol whilst i come to bwtcamp as a birthday present to myself. I’m now cramming 2 lessons a week to try and get up to speed!
Looking forward to meeting everyone!

8 Likes

I grew up in oxford. Where do you live?

Are we going to have a bit more interaction prior to the bwtcamp via email etc? So looking forward to meeting everyone and ‘throwing caution to the wind’ for a whole week! :blush:

2 Likes

East Oxford - between Cowley Rd and Iffley Rd!

I know it well, I grew up in Headington but later lived at the other end of cowley road. Many haunts along there!

Due to a cancellation, there is one place available on the July bwtcamp.

Bookwhen.com/ssiw

Hi, tried to book the last remaining/cancellation place on the link, but it says its fully booked. Has the place already gone?

It looks like it, but there is still a place in June if you could make that one.

Bronwen, can’t help with rides, but I will be hoping to spend a day at the Eistedfodd also. By chance I am going with my extended family to Harlech for a week, an hour south of there, so maybe we will see each other there too!

1 Like

I was just thinking the same so came on slack to see if I’d been missing anything!

I’m looking forward to meeting you, Clare.

What a pity this is sold out! As a supply teacher, it’s a gamble signing up for something that might interfere with work that I cannot book off, not sports to miss out on. Please let me know if any other school holiday dates become available. Obviously, I still need to organise childcare etc but still best option for me I think x

Hi Iestyn! I’ve just realised I’ve not received any emails since having received confirmation of the bwtcamp - either that or they’ve been in my spam folder and I’ve not seen them. Just to confirm I think I’m on the list of those going? Booking conf. is VR4WR. Thanks!

1 Like