5 Day Challenge Update: Day 1

Mae’n ddrwg gen i! I keep reading about bobsled challenge. I have decided it doesn’t actually involve a bobsled, so, er, beth ydy hi?
Oh, re-dydd un, - ardderchog, a diolch for being willing to come here and tell us about it in English!

2 Likes

I’m also curious :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok. Bobsled run - in short - is kind of mini bootcamp where you get every day different challenge you have to fulfill. The instructions come on your e-mail and you have to follow them. Of course this is one of the features which are payable. All about bobsled run you can read here. There are all info you need to know.

Happy reading and bobsleding. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Da iawn ti! I agree with @margaretnock, please share as much as you like and get carried away! It’s wonderful to hear all about your challenge and your excitement! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the description of the bobsled challenge and the link to the info page!

If you’ve taken such a bobsled run, can you tell me more about what those daily challenges might look like?

“Write a 50-word essay on green beans”? “Find a Welsh speaker (online if need be) and talk to him for at least 5 minutes”?

The page itself doesn’t say much except to say that they can be scary!

1 Like

I’m sure you don’t mean to come across as being impatient or ungrateful here, Peter - this is probably one of those situations where text-based communication just needs a little bit more emphatic politeness - like, for example, thanking Tatjana for taking the time to share the information she did, before focusing on what you feel hasn’t been answered (by me, rather than Tatjana, since she didn’t write that page).

1 Like

Apologies. I’ll edit my previous post.

(Peter’s my father, though!)

1 Like

Oops - probably one of those other situations where text-based comms needs a little bit more emphatic politeness, like, er, actually getting someone’s name right…:wink:

2 Likes

They’re more like this than the green beans…:wink: Designed to push you out of your comfort zone and into active use of the language - but also to be achievable for beginners yet open to scaling up for more confident learners… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nevertheless, thank you for the good reminder.

I was being unintentionally Klingon (or autistic) and coming straight to the point without thinking about courtesy.

1 Like

Mae hynny’n swnio yn fendigedig - da iawn ti!

This sounds brilliant - well done!

1 Like

I didn’t but I’ve read a lot about other’s experiences to be tempted to try, but time is usually not my friend as I’m on the way most of the time. Here’s one of such experiences to give you idea and taste.

I found this rather tempting, as curious as I am, and (almost) willing to try. This is the driving machine of actually trying, isn’t it? - being curious enough to try. :slight_smile:

@aran I’m sorry to give info before you have written anything but I all of a sudden felt people are too eager to know, this should wait. Maybe i need some of above said/written warning/reminder too.

3 Likes

Thanks Tatjana, sorry I didn’t explain what the bobsled challenge is. I decided the five day one would fit nicely with my own five day challenge. Each day you get two emails from Aran, one to tell you to do a new SSIW lesson and one with a different challenge each day. I have described my challenges so far. I think they are great, for the sum of £15 it works out as £3 per challenge - less than a coffee in Costa or a zumba class in my local leisure centre, and much more useful!

2 Likes

It’s a tricky balance, because it’s entirely normal to cut to the chase like that with good friends, and one of the things we’re always glad to see is when people feel that this is a community of friends - and yet at the same time we have to bear in mind that lots of people are reading the threads who don’t actually post themselves, and don’t know who is or isn’t in a ‘friend zone’ of communication…

There is no clear line - but it’s always hugely encouraging when I offer a fine-tune and it is accepted so gracefully and warmly - diolch yn fawr iawn :thumbsup:

2 Likes

they’re great!

1 Like

Braf cwrdd a ti Ceri!
Do you want to come to the cinio nadolig? There is a thread somewhere in the meetups
Would be fab to see you again x

2 Likes

Da iawn Ceri (well actually, blooming brilliant). This sounds like it’s going really well and I look forward to more updates.

2 Likes

Diolch Jenny. Ti hefyd. I’ll check the date and will definitely come if I can!

1 Like

Here you go all who are interested in going to Cinio Nadolig, Mochyn Du, Caerdydd. My soul is already there (no not already, but rather still there) sitting and waiting for you all to come … :slight_smile: - hehe

Thank you for the polite and constructive way in which you offered it!

You “assumed good faith” (as the Wikipedia guideline puts it) and also gave concrete suggestions on what I could have done differently.

1 Like