9Bach Welsh language folk group gig in Keighley, West Yorks

The Welsh language modern folk group 9Bach will be appearing at Penningtons
Octagon Live, Bradford Road, Sandbeds, nr. Keighley BD20 5LY on Thursday 26th May.
Tickets are £14.00 (£14.50 if ordered on the internet). They can be bought at the Octagon,
or from the Penningtons Octagon Live or the 9Bach website. There is a supporting act
(unknown) and the show starts at 7.30, but I was advised that it would be best to get
there for 7.00. This is a very rare opportunity to enjoy a Welsh language gig in this area.
Hope to get a chance to chat to some SSiWers there. Cofion, Eileen

4 Likes

These guys won the Radio 2 Folk Award last year for their fantastic album Tincian. The first time a non-English language album has ever won it.

They were the best gig I saw at Festival No. 6 last year. If you’re in the vicinity, don’t miss this - it will be a special evening for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I might make it to Edinburgh. I first heard Lisa Jen singing Trafeiliais y Byd on an S4C programme called Ffwrnes gerdd and managed to track her down to 9Bach with the help of the man in Llen Llyn Llyfrau a Recordiau ym Mhwlheli. I’ve kept up through iTunes but have never been to a live performance.

My, you’re in for a treat. I’ve seen them several times and the thing that strikes you most is how much bigger they sound than the sum of their parts. :smile:

Interesting that the graphic translates only a subset of the names that could be translated (cf. Place Names Outside of Wales )

Bristol = Bryste
Edinburgh = Caeredin
Cambridge = Caergrawnt

2 Likes