Any Welsh speakers in the Netherlands for me to practice on?

Helo pawb,

I’m learning Welsh here in NL and wonder if anyone else is too? I’d like to find somebody/ies to practice with.
Or is there a Welsh speaker who wants to practice Dutch with me so we can exchange language skills? I’m British but after 28 years here my Dutch is quite fluent.
I’ve got to the end of level 1 but I’m going to revise no. 25 again!

Groetjes, kL

3 Likes

While waiting for people from the Netherlands to introduce themselves … I hope you know about the free Welsh Speaking Practice group on Slack, where you can find over 350 Welsh speakers, living all over the world, and with all levels of ability, keen to chat in Welsh! If you would like to join the group, e-mail: admin@saysomething in.com for an invitation. Hope to talk to you soon!

1 Like

I’d be happy to chat in the Slack group too - I’m in Wales but I’ve been reading a lot about the Netherlands for my work lately (and a few more phrases to go with Goedenmorgen and Dank u wel could be handy!)

2 Likes

Thanks Bronwen, I’ll give it a go!

1 Like

I am German and live about 10 miles from the Dutch border. I do speak Dutch fluently but I don’t have the chance to speak it very often because I am the only one in my family who can speak it.
My Welsh is not fluent and having an actual conversation is a bit far fetched at this point. But I would love to speak Dutch more. The nearest Dutch town to me is Winterswijk.
But this is a bit far from where most Dutch people tend to live…

2 Likes

There’s Elkie in Zaltbommel en Vincent in Rossum.

1 Like