Aussie Skype chat - while I'm away?

Hi
I wasn’t too sure if I managed to send the private message OK. Can you let me know if you received it OK?

No, I didn’t. It’s tricky, isn’t it? :frowning:

If you need some instructions, they are here for you all.

Clicking on the right errow at the right side of the quote will carry you to the related topic post.

Happy PMing

Hwyl!
Tatjana

We did have a Skype meetup on the third Thursday. Apart from myself there were two participants, Jean from Hobart and Caroline from Adelaide,
There is an explanation of how to use the private message function from Tatjana
Allan

I am fine when I can see an icon. It’s finding a person by name without an icon that isn’t always clear.

Some on this here

(the same rules, clicking on the errow besides quote will take you to the original post).

Diolch Tatiana. I would put some effort into it. :smile:

1 Like

I’m in Brisbane and am learning southern Welsh. I’d like to join the group for the chats. How do I do that. Thanks. Lynne

Hello Allan. I’m in Brisbane and learning southern welsh. I’d like to join the chat. How can I do that. I’ve finished course 1 and half of level one. It’s all crammed up in my head with nowhere to go! Thanks. Lynne

@allanbailey just flagging this message from Lynne in Brisbane.

Shw mae Lynne? Congratulations on getting this far. I’m sure the Aussie group will enjoy having you join them.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome Dee. I’m looking forward to using my Welsh. Speaking to my family is not very productive. Hwyl fawr.

Hi,
The chat is on the first Thursday in the month. My Skype name is glyndwr6 so if you send me a request via Skype I will put you on my contact list and you can either call me or I will call you (whoever gets there first!). Look forward to meeting you
Allan

Alternatively, if you have eachother on the list @allanbailey can “put” you into the chat when it’s in progress (if you’re online of course) so you can immediately joined in.

For those you didn’t know, that one who originally runs those chats can save the group for next time the chat is on and if one isn’t online he/she won’t participating or if he/she is online and isn’t in the mood to chat at the time or doesn’t have the time for that, he/she can opt out/decline the current invitation.

(Just a thought though.)

1 Like

Hello, Allan. I’m sorry I missed getting back to you. My daughter has been unwell recently, as well as one of her children, so I had to drop everything. I’ll make sure I’m there for the next Skype. By then I will have finished Level 1 and hopefully started Level 2. Thank you and kind regards, Lynne

Hi Lynne
Sorry to hear that and hope all is now well. See you first Thursday in Dec
Allan

@allanbailey @guynicholson @louis @jeanevans

I am trying to minimise my commitments. I am happy to keep attending and participating, if the group is valued. However, if the group has not met in my absence, I think we may as well let it go…

I’m keen to hear from others and I’m happy to chat to individuals. Get in touch if you are interested. :smile:

3 Likes

Hi, i am in Adelaide and am currently up to lesson 15 of course 2. Though i am unavalible due to work for the next week (i work FIFO in the mines) i am very eager to speak welsh with more people. So if the group does continue you can count me in!!

Hi Elizabeth, I’m in Brisbane and I would like to join the group if you decide to keep it going. I’m going to Bootcamp and will be away for end of July, August and first half of September but if the times are right I could probably still join in from there.

Hi Lynne and Leighton,

I’ll keep you in mind if we start back up. I am just waiting to hear what has been happening in my absence. @allanbailey @louis @jeanevans @guynicholson are you able to filmed in?

Hi, Liz
There were about two sessions whilst you were away but there did not seem to be a lot of enthusiasm from other than two people. So I did not pursue it very much after that. Should it start up again am certainly interested
Allan