Booking: Tresaith Bootcamp, September 19th - 26th

Excellent, well done that man :thumbsup: :star:

Dot,
Diolch iawn for the offer of a lift. I have got to give it some thought since I have tickets for the world cup rugby match at Gloucester between Tonga and Georgia at 12pm on Saturday 19th but I may get someone else to go in my stead. I’ll get back to you shortly.
Nic

Hi Nic, I’m late looking at all the posts for Bwtcamp, but if it helps at all, if you could get to Cardiff (or somewhere close by) I’ll be driving from there and would be happy to give you a lift?
I’m starting to get proper nervous about this, we’ll be there in 2 weeks! Rhaid i fi ymarfer!

1 Like

I’ve just logged on here actually to see if anyone could use a lift from Cardiff. In case that might help anyone, I’ve plenty of room in my car. And a sat nav so we might not even get lost!
Dw i’n edrych ymlaen a dw i’n nerfus o hyd!
Do I need to bring anything in particular, I’ve seen a post on this thread about bringing bedding, does that mean a sleeping bag, etc? Anything else?

2 Likes

There is a post by @hewrop somewhere on this forum (don’t have the link to hand) that advises using GPS co-ordinates rather than a postcode to accurately find the Canolfan.

Try doing a forum search on “Tresaith satnav”, or imaginative variations.
If you don’t find it, I will try to myself later.

1 Like

Here you go guys …

If you click on the link besides my post it will carry you to the original topic.

3 Likes

Lindsey and Dot,
Thanks very much for your kind offer of a lift. It would seem to make sense for those of us coming from the South-East to group together and have a practice natter on the way: though I really wouldn’t worry about it; everyone is very nice and after the initial shyness, everyone will be siarading yn Cymraeg au naturellement heb becso. The other thing is that, having been before, I actually know where it is!
So, by way of formulating a plan, if you and Dot would like, I could pick up Dot from Swindon, then pick Lindsey up O Gaerdydd and you can experience the true luxury of my Rover 45 with its burr walnut veneer fascia and four wheels (five if you count the spare, which I do sometimes; when things drag a bit and there’s not much going on - you know?)
I have reluctantly given my £60 rugby ticket to my daughter, who will probably just watch the Tongans do their Hacka and then leave, so I could start out any time. If we need to be there at 3pm, Dw i’n tybio (like that word) dyleni adael at about 12pm, pick up Dot at 12.30 and Lindsey at about 1.30.
What do you think?
Nick

1 Like

I realise that SaySomethingInEverything is Aran’s stated aim, but in the same sentence? :laughing:

5 Likes

I love it!

1 Like

Only a week until Bootcamp! Dw i’n edrych ymlaen at gwrdd a chi gyd! I have been looking forward to this for so long, and am eager to finally be immersed in Welsh, with no option of resorting to English.

Safe travels everyone, and I’ll see you soon!

Bronwyn

4 Likes

Shwmae pawb!

One more name for next week’s bootcamp list! I’ll be coming over from Germany at the end of the week, and should arrive in Tresaith in good time for the 4pm start on Saturday, provided the buses from Aberystwyth (to Tan-y-groes) stick to the timetables I’ve found on-line. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Peter Cripps

3 Likes

Looking forward very much to hearing how it goes! :sunny:

Hi Nic, Sorry I have only just seen this message. More than happy to car share if you are still up for it. The only thing is that Swindon is going in the wrong direction as you will be coming to me to go back past Gloucester. If you are happy with that then great, otherwise I am happy to drive and pick others up on the way. Let me know. Dot

2 Likes

Wishing you all a fantastic week. So wish that I could go. It would bring my Cymraeg on in leaps and bounds I’m sure. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

2 Likes

Hi Nic, please ignore my ramblings re the geographic location of Gloucester and Swindon!! Clearly I will be drinking in different pubs to the rest of the group - if I can’t get directions right in English I have no chance in Welsh. Still happy to car share.

1 Like

Dot, the very good news for you is that you will find it tough to get lost or wind up in the wrong pub in Tresaith!

Joiwch, bawb! I hope you all have a great, warm, dry, and especially laughter-filled week. I’ve done Bootcamp twice. You have such a fun adventure ahead!

3 Likes

Dot, I have some plans tomorrow which may delay me setting off so its probably easier to make our own way. Look forward to seeing you there. Hwyl
Nick

Nic, it was lovely meeting up with you again at the start of bootcamp, only sorry I didn’t get chance to see how you were all getting on during the week. Hope it all went well and that you’ll be back again to siarad some more soon x

Thanks Ros, it was delightful to see you again and thanks so much for the meal on nosweith Sadurn. Well, what a week: lot’s of interesting things to do including the coracle museum and Castell Henlys. A lovely group of people who laughed together and were supportive of each other: bwtcamp has its challenges at times; and a quite lunatic noson lawen, not to mention the singing of Queen songs yn Gymraeg and an inspirational impromptu speech from Iestyn on the Thursday night.
I still managed the daily nofio with other crazy swimmers like Lindsey, Bronwyn and Hywel but I can no longer hope to challenge the dolphin as the “Prince of the Ocean” - those days are gone!
Incredible organisational stamina from Iestyn and Cat with great help from Dee and I’m sure all the bwtcampers are very grateful to them for making it possible.
Nic

5 Likes

Well, if you all enjoyed the bwtcamp (sorry, Mwtcamp) as much as I did, then we are most definitely ahead!

Massive thanks to Dee who made it possible for me to take a couple of days off, which meant I was only half dead arriving home on Saturday (night, after a day on the beach with the kids, and bumping into a strange Welsh-speaking German couple about 20 times…!)

I hope everyone got home safely - let us know about your hilights and experiences after bootcamp!

5 Likes