Bootcamps for "newer learners"

Chwarae teg :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great - we should try to get together, one way or another!

Every year I think I’m on the verge of my last Bootcamp, and then every year people like this come along and say this kind of thing and I get roped into doing just-one-more…:wink:

8 Likes

In reply to mikeellwood’s post…

Perhaps we could ask those people who have run bootcamps before whether they could put together some ‘how to run a bootcamp’ instructions. That might help get things going? Give people a clearer idea of what is involved in organising a bootcamp.

2 Likes

Yes, the ‘not quite a bootcamp but a holdiay just in Welsh’ idea is somthing I would like too. It worked almost like that at the learnish house shares for various steddfods.

5 Likes

Delighted @davidht 's topic is still attracting interest. Please watch this space for further focussed consultation soon.

4 Likes

Happy to help :wink:

3 Likes

A couple of us from July’s Bootcamp last year have arranged to meet, very informally, for a ‘Bootcamp’ in August. We booked very reasonably priced accomodation on Airbnb. See Liz Corbett’s post; her friend is offering 20% discount for learners.

I am currently looking into Welsh language tours etc and we have already ‘agreed’ a ‘No English’ rule, not that it was needed!

I will let everyone know how we get on, and am happy to share any ‘tips’ once we know our efforts have been succesful!

Hwyl

Andy

9 Likes

Good to hear, Andy. Diolch.
Bodfarian & I are currently working on a similar idea.
Might there be a case for combining our efforts and knowledge?
Huw

4 Likes

This evening I will try and put all the useful Bootcamp files I have in to a Dropbox folder. I have guidelines, house sharing rules, games, activities and so on - I’ll just put it all in together and you can filter out what’s useful.

Take the rules and guidelines with a pinch of salt. Obviously it’s not our place to dictate to you how you should do things when you’re running your own Bootcamp. They are mostly common sense and down on paper for our benefit and the sake of consistency. But you may find some of it useful.

I’ll include as much useful and relevant information as I can. :smile:

Please email me at catrin[at]saysomethinginwelsh.com if you would like access to the Dropbox folder and I’ll email you back asap this week with the link. X

5 Likes

That’s brilliant, Catrin. :star2:
Diolch yn fawr iawn.

2 Likes

That sounds fantastic, Catrin! Thank you!!

Diolch yn fawr Catrin. I have sent you an email. :slight_smile:

Croeso mawr and thank you for your emails! I shall begin collecting and Dropbox-ing everything I have this evening and email you all back by the end of the week. X

1 Like

Thanks again Catrin, I will drop you an e-mail :smile:

1 Like

Hi Huw, think that would be good and will drop you a line. Andy

Got it, thanks, Andy - very helpful :smile:

I’ve now gathered most of the relevant Bootcamp files I have and am going to Dropbox them and email the link on Friday to everyone who has requested it so far.

If you are interested in arranging your own informal Bopotcamp and therefore interested in getting access to some useful Bootcamp documents, then please email me at catrin[at]saysomethinginwelsh.com.

Diolch.x

3 Likes

Can I please draw your attention to Bodfarian / @patricia_mitchell 's new thread. You might like to fill in her survey.

4 Likes

Emails with links to the Dropbox folder have been sent! :slight_smile:

1 Like