Bwtcamps 2018

So have I missed where the booking link for Bwtcamp April is? I thought it was opening today?. I’d like to book please

''Bwtcamp 21-28 April 2018!
Welsh
Bootcamp
Dec 2017
1 / 45
Dec 2017
2h ago

Iestyn5 MinuterDec '172
Bwtcamp booking will open on Friday 12th January 2018, at 21:00hrs or 9pm GMT

Hallo, potential bwtcampwyr - I have a date!’’

It’s 9pm tonight. So SSIWers in America have a chance, and people in Australia.

2 Likes

Shw mae, @eroberts - bwtcamp booking opens in about an hour and three quartersm at 9 pm. I’ll post the link on the April Bwtcamp page here: *Sold Out!* Bwtcamp 21-28 April 2018!

1 Like

Ok thanks. I cant make head nor tail of it all i’m afraid.
I think its now sold out.
Thanks anyway

Oh that’s a shame, Emma! This bwtcamp did get booked out extremely quickly. The successful people must have been sitting at their computers with their fingers poised ready to click on the link the second it appeared. From what I could tell, it was clicked by 11 people in the first minute!

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen. A new date!

June / Mehefin 23-30 2018.

Discussion page available for you to register your interest here

3 Likes

Yes please for June

1 Like

I’m interested in doing a bwtcamp. Please can you keep me informed of when they will be? Diolch.

1 Like

When we have dates they’ll be posted here, so if you click on the ‘Watching’ button below you’ll get notified every time there is any news.

2 Likes

Helo. A couple of friends and I would be interested in a bwtcamp. Exhausting but brilliant I think :blush:

1 Like

I live in Ceredigion not far from Tresaith and have young children so don’t want to be away from home overnight. Is it possible to come to bwtcamp for daytime activities alone or does that defeat the whole purpose? Thanks

1 Like

The idea is to be totally immersed in Welsh for the whole week @Ros. Do you speak nothing but Welsh when you’re at home? If not, then you definitely wouldn’t get the real bwtcamp experience.

2 Likes

Bwtcamp sounds amazing! Hope to be able to go on one soon! :grinning:

3 Likes

I am really looking forward to attending a bootcamp in 2019. By then i should be well up with my Welsh. having completed the ssiw 6 months course and more.

2 Likes

I’m hoping that by replying to this message i will see updates! Thank you.

You will. If you thinking about the June bwtcamp there is a separate thread for that. There may still be a place or two left as Iestyn hasn’t updated the thread as he’s been on bwtcamp this week. I expect a lot of updates will happen over the weekend when the current bwtcampers are released from only being able to use Welsh.

1 Like

I have just returned from bootcamp and want to share what a fantastic experience it was :slight_smile: I was extremely nervous before bootcamp as I had very little confidence speaking to adults in Welsh as I was worried about getting things wrong. Now I can safely say after returning i am confident speaking Welsh. I have kept up speaking mostly welsh over the last few days to my family and even had the confidence to make a few phone calls to book things in welsh which I never would have done before Bootcamp. I was a little worried about sharing a dorm at bootcamp but it really isn’t anything be worried about as the room is huge with 3 different sections so you still have your privacy. Everyone on the bootcamp was lovely and friendly and despite everyone being at different levels we all got on and managed to communicate all week just in Welsh. Iestyn planned lots of fun, varied activities for us to do which were really enjoyable. Thanks Iestyn, Kat and Dee for a wonderful experience x

10 Likes

Diolch Nicola!

I’m always a bit nervous at the beginning of bwtcamp as well, but I certainly didn’t need to be for this group! What a hoot we had!

And wow, Nicola - nonchalantly making a few bookings on the phone - ON THE PHONE! - is a massive massive step, I am doubly chuffed for you now!

7 Likes

Ditto what @nicola-l-goodall said, great week, really nice people who will put you at ease and help you embrace your mistakes, really built up my confidence, do go on a bwtcamp if you have half the chance :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Although I get more practice speaking Welsh than some, I was feeling a bit nervous about going to bootcamp because I’d missed weeks of classes and my regular sgwrs in the pub by the time it was time to head to Tresaith. I also didn’t have any time to refresh the last bits of SSIW like I wanted!

It didn’t matter though - Iestyn and Dee put us at ease straight away and put on a massively fun week of activities. I haven’t been as silly as I was at bootcamp in ages, especially not with strangers :smiley:

The day after I got home I was still having to actually decide which language to use in my head before starting each conversation, and even today I’m wanting to use words like ‘felly’ and ‘ond’ when using English.

What a week! Diolch Iestyn, Dee a Cat!

If you’re wavering - just go for it, embrace the mistakes and enjoy yourself!

10 Likes