Bwtcamps 2019

Shw mae, Ingrid?

I’m pretty certain that there will be a number of disappointed people who miss out on booking the May bwtcamp so I will be announcing a June date not long after. I hope for a September date as well, and maybe July if June is as popular as May!

Iestyn

1 Like

Annwyl Lestyn, da I awn! :slight_smile: Diolch! Sut wyt ti? (or would I use s’dach chi???)

That sounds promising, though I don’t have my hopes too high… I work as a travel guide and have only a handful of weeks between April and end October when I am NOT working 7 days a week… but - like Samwise Gamgee used to say: There is ALWAYS hope… :wink:

Hwyel ti (or would I use chi??? - actually not have to worry about formal or informal is one thing I always appreciated about English…being German I find it even a struggle in my own language to judge it right) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s good news. I’d thought I would go to the May bootcamp but it’s right after classes end and about 20 hours of traveling seems a bit much. I’ll try for the later bootcamps, thanks. :slight_smile:

Hello Lestyn, thanks for all those detailed informations. The september date should be for me (I hope). But right now I have a question : I have an experience of a language camp (not welsh) where you HAD TO participate at every extra activities, otherwise you were a bit “put aside” (well I hope it’s a clear translation for french “mis de côté”). I of course may understand that the more you are “into” the group, the more you’re considered as a “plain member” of the comunity, but…:. do you accept some awfully individualist personalities :roll_eyes:, who maybe would not particpate to everything, not because they don’t like people, or criticize them, but just because they at times like beeing alone, and are not at all unhappy to be alone. I hope this question does not sound you “bizarre”.(strange):grinning:

I’ve answered mcbrittany’s query on another thread, but if anyone sees it here and needs a similar answer themselves, here is what I said:

Announcing July Bwtcamp dates

July bwtcamp will run from 20-27th July (then a week off before the national Eisteddfod).

Express an interest here: 2019 Tresaith Bwtcamp July 20-27 - Express an interest

2 Likes

Will there be an SSiW base or stall or tent or whatever at the national Eisteddfod?

Probably not - we’ve been invited to share other people’s stalls sometimes, but in terms of the expense versus any extra income, it just doesn’t work out for us.

But there’ll be plenty of SSiWers around, so I’m sure we’ll be able to work out some meet-ups on and off the Maes… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Diolch!

I have a new date for you. June 22-29th. Click on the link below to tell me if you;re interested. Please let me know particularly if you have already missed out on July or even May, and we may have a look at giving preferential treatment to people who’ve expressed an interest before and missed out.

Do you ever run bwtcamps out of school term times? I ask because holiday is not allowed during school term time for staff… at least not in any school I’ve worked in (including my current one!)

Hi Iestyn. I would really like to come on the June Bwtcamp if suave is available. Having found out about the graduation clashing I mentioned earlier, I didn’t try to book the July camp in the end of course.

2019 Tresaith Bwtcamp June 22-29. June seems to be the topic heading folks are registering an interest in Clare😊

As @Tricia mentioned - the place to express your interest in the June bwtcamp is 2019 Tresaith Bwtcamp June 22-29 - pop in there and add your name @clare-6

Oops. Thank you both :blush:

1 Like

Hi, just to confirm I’m interested in the June 22-29 bwtcamp. Hwyl!

Hi Iestyn,
I am just making my travel arrangements and wondered where I get off the bus in Tresaith?
Is the converted chapel, at the beach car park?
I think there is another car park at the top of the hill?

Hi @annmoore.
traveline.cymru will give you the best connections.

I’m assuming you’re coming from the south.:wink:
If you are coming from the south, Aberteifi, Cardigan, the single bus stop for Tresaith is at the top of several sets of steps which takes you down to the beach. Before you get there it takes you past the centre where Bwtcamp atually happens. If you are coming from the north, Aberystwyth, just look out for these steps and go down them. The road curves to almost 90 degrees at that point. There is also a minor road going down into Tresaith at the same point, but just stick to the steps. You may well be the only person getting off the bus. Just ask the driver for Tresaith.

3 Likes

Thanks very much Margaret! I decided the bus would be better for me. I think it was @Deborah-SSi that said in a post somewhere that TrawsCymru is free?! I do have a travel card anyway.
I know you often travel on public transport, I should have remembered to ask you. Thank you :hugs:

The T buses are free at the weekend but I doubt you would use one. 129 to Carmarthen from the bottom of your road. 460 to Aberteifi/Cardigan. 552 to Tresaith. Pantri Blakeman to wait for the 460, and a cafe at the Aberteifi bus station.

1 Like