Cardiff Half Marathon

This is exactly the problem I’ve been having. I tried a couple of times, but got the same result.

I’ve tried from 2 computers on totally different locations with totally different Internet connection provider, also with different Opearting system and 3 different browsers and the result is always the same as described before. I presume it could also be that this page is kind of not “public” yet or something like this. I’m waiting for their answer at the moment though. Might be I’ll have it tomorrow hopefully.

1 Like

Iestyn I’ve been trying to work out how to PM you… but failed.

I’d like to join you lot for breakfast - personally give you the sponsorship money?

Would you PM me your mobile and I can text you back diolch Louise

Go to topic “This forum -How to and similar stuff” or to "Really useful links (or something like that and you can find how to send PM to someone there.

I’m on the tav0blet at the moment and am not able to post the link as working on forum from tablet or phone is really hard task regarding copying, pasting and similar stuff.

Tagging also (depending on the individual’s settings) can send a message @Iestyn :sunny:

1 Like

Here are the instructions (if you didn’t have the time to have some fun by yourself again with that). How to send PM

Otherwise all useful links to this and similar how to on forum stuff and other useful things you can find in the Index list in Really useful ‘How to’ stuff and other great posts

Enjoy.

On the MyDonate issue note: I’ve got another reply from them informing me that the whole issue was passed to technicians to investigate the whole thing. I also have informed them that not only I have such troubles donating so I believe they’ll put some sirious work into this (hopefully).

Sorry - I thought I’d answered this earlier today, but I obviously didn’t…

I have contacted MyDonate thanks to Tatjana and Karla’s heads-up about the payment problems. They were going to get back in touch with me when they know what the problem was, and they still haven’t, which makes me think the problem is a biggy…

It’s good that they’ve been in touch with you Tatjana, to say that it’s being investigated. I wonder if that is because you contacted them, or whether it’s because they’ve contacted everyone who’s had problems.

Anyway, as soon as it’s up and running I’ll let you know - it will remain open for a few weeks after the event as well, so I hope that I’ll be able to raise a good bit of money. We need every penny at the moment, because the council are still dragging their feet over some historical issues that mean we are unable to access any meaningful grants.

So - diolch to everyone (and a special Hvala) for trying, and supporting, and I hope the page will be sorted out soon.

Iestyn

2 Likes

No problem @Iestyn. I’m glad to asist as is everyone here I believe. If they contacted me with anything earlier then you I’ll put it here and I’ll be stubborn enough to try my luck every now and then.

However it might be bigger problem as I could not add my paymento method into my Donating acount (as I’ve said I’ve already donated through them once to CIN and had no problems that time) so I only hope they’ll save this problem as swiftly as possible. Yes every penny is needed so let the solution rather come quickly. :slight_smile:

Hello @Iestyn, @Karla, @louisegray and all the rest of those who are willing to contribute and donate. I’ve just got this to my mail:

Subject
MyDonate problems with making payments to charity.

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Dawn Johnston) 01/10/2015 01:25 PM
Hello Tatjana,

Thank you for your patience while I got our technical team to have a look at your problem. You were correct when you said that there were more people than you trying to make a donation to the charity and it was not working.

They have informed me that this problem is now resolved. Thank you for pointing this out to me and hopefully there will be no more problems.

Best Wishes

Dawn Johnston
MyDonate Support

I hope this will all go well and will work now. I’m not in position to check this out by myself but will surely do (after the match) it later.

Pob lwc.

2 Likes

Just tried again - it worked!

2 Likes

I have just made a donation, and if I’m awake early enough Sunday morning, I may even drive into Cardiff to go cheer @Iestyn on! :smile:

2 Likes

Oh, good. Cheer him fo rme aswell. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Now I managed to give donation too so I presum it really everything works as it should.

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn to everyone who brought it to my attention and to MyDonate’s attention that the page wasn’t working - we are now cooking on gas (as the Irish say, and all the support team seem to be Irish…)

Hopefully we will be able to raise a bit over the internet to go with the “local” donations - I’m currently looking at about £300, which is nice, but will hopefully get a bit more.

Diolch eto!

Iestyn

ON Radio Cymru and S$C (I think) will be covering the race, so I’ll try to say hello to you from Cardiff if you’re listening!

2 Likes

Will try to listen to Radio Cymru although I’m not sure will I be in position. S4C is unreachable for me I’m afraid.

However - whatever - POB LWC @Iestyn AC GWEDDILL Y TîM!

Live coverage of the Cardiff Half Marathon is on BBC2 Wales (the rest of the U.K. are treated to Saturday Kitchen: Best Bites!!), Radio Wales, and in Welsh on Radio Cymru. Apparently you can watch it live on BBC iPlayer (although I haven’t checked). Unfortunately, there is no live coverage on S4C.

A brief update before I disappear out of the door for a meeting…

I have survived, just! Thank you to the people who shouted at me - it really was a nice little boost to know that there were people out looking for me! I know people were reading the race numbers, which had our names on them but seeing as there are no race photos available of me, I assume mine was unreadable. Plus most people struggle with “Iestyn” anyway!

A special hello to Ali who was scrutinising all the runners in the bay, then turned round to help the gorgeous little boy who was with her, and totally missed me, even though I shouted twice!

And now, the SSiW bit. I finished in 2:08 something, which I was really disappointed with, having walked a few hundred metres around the 5 mile mark, whne me dodgy calf muscle gave in. Why is that an SSiW bit? Well, it’s the difference between achieveing in your own race, and looking at people around you and measuring yourself against them. I went to Cardiff with 4 other people, and beat them all. It looks a bit bad to them if I “complain” abouut 2:08 when they were hitting 3 or 4 hours plus. But in fact, they did brilliantly for where they are in their running lives, learnt a whole lot from the experiemce and are better people for having achieved soething special.

For me, though, I didn;t do as well as I should have, but guess what? I’m dissapointed, but looking forwrad to doing the work to do better. I hadn’thad the perfect build-up, and I possiblby cut a couple of corners, or did things / didn;t do things that would have made a difference. But I’m far more fired up to do the half again, and do better than I was last time I did it. when I didn;t really have a target, other than finishing.

So it looks like I’m a better person as well despite not achieveing my targets.

A lesson for all SSiWers!

6 Likes

I’ve heard the name Iestyn at one point on Radio Cymru but the voice just didn’t fit so I presume this was not you. :slight_smile: I thought of you anyway hoping the race goes well for you.

Read: “a lesson for me” …

Da iawn ti @Iestyn. Llongyfarchiadau!

Oh No! I can’t believe it! I had seen my son go past (finishing at 1:44) and Phil must have been in roughly the same area as you as he came in at 2:12. That was my grandson, Iwan, with me and he was very patient watching all the runners and waiting for his Daddy and Grampa. He was rewarded with a trip to the play park. So sorry I did not hear you calling me! It was certainly a good point to spectate with a convenient little wall to sit on.

I was hoping one would appear in the what’s outside thread, wish i had been there.

Cheers J.P.

@faithless78?