Clonc-edigion - The Touring Ceredigion Meet Up

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION :slight_smile:

Hi All,

I know there are already a couple of Ceredigion (and surrounding area) meet ups - but not many that either…

a) happen on the weekend so those busy in the week can attend.
b) move around the place so people perhaps with issues getting around the county can pop along.

With this in mind, and wanting to see more of this lovely county - would anyone be up for a kind of “touring meet up”? Perhaps once a month for a coffee - one month in Llandysul, one month in Aberystwyth, next month in New Quay, next month Lampeter - that sort of thing?

**EDIT: **
Second one organised for:

Saturday 17th February
Riverside Cafe,
Tregaron
11am

Be there, or be sgwar.

3 Likes

We could even stretch this out to gulps… Machynlleth, if we can get past Passport Control on the A487.

5 Likes

Anyone going to this?

2 Likes

Got to admit I hadn’t heard of this gig.

Last bus is 11:24 back to Aber, so I may well pop down!

This (touring meet-up) is a brilliant idea. One for the email, @Deborah-SSi

You can count on at least one of us being at the Llandysul event! (Hopefully, we could commit a bit more than that!)

2 Likes

If I go, I’ll probably be travelling through Aber on the way there and back. I don’t really fancy the drovers’ roads in the dark of winter. I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks if I can offer you a lift.

1 Like

A touring meet up sounds like fun. I’m not actually in Ceredigion, but Machynlleth and Aberystwyth are well within my reach, and I have no respect for borders, so I’d come to a few.

3 Likes

This idea seems to have some legs!

I reckon everyone’s December is probably mental with Christmas and all of that, but what about a first meetup in early January?

Anyone have any cafe/similar recommendations in/around Llandysul?

1 Like

Well, I don’t think you can go past the Buon Appetito in Llandysul, and Iestyn’s rather partial to the coffee there :slight_smile:

And this is a brilliant idea, by the way! :star2:

2 Likes

That seems good to me! The fact they’ve got a website makes them even better.

Anyone have any preference on a January Saturday? There’s the 6th and the 13th! Any times that work best for people?

The 6th is definitely out for me - family gathering in the ‘old north’ - but the 13th looks OK at the moment. Timewise, I’m happy to fit in with others that have family commitments etc.

13th sounds good here. Rules out any “first weekend after NYE” problems.

Any objections from anyone for say 11am?

Excellent initiative, Nicky.

I arranged a few small group meetings in Ystrad Meurig some years ago but there wasn’t enough critical mass to keep us going. CYD used to meet weekly in Tregaron (just 7 miles away) but that seems to have disappeared from Dee’s event list.

If you fancy a taking in Y M with it’s international tourist attractions of Abaty, Ystrad Fflur, Cors Caron and Teifi pools, please let me know.

2 Likes

I would like to join in the meetings which are not too far away. Aberwystwyth and Machynlleth are a bit far from South Ceredigion for me for a coffee and a chat! A good day out though if the weather is nice!

1 Like

I think we’re set here for the first one then guys and girls.

Saturday 13th January
Buon Appetito Cafe,
Llandysul.
Wind St, Llandysul SA44 4BG
11am

Be there, or be sgwar.

2 Likes

I’m in Aberystwyth too – will see if I can make some of them! As I’m moving house imminently, it’s all a bit hectic so I don’t think I can make the gig, but should be settled in by Jan 13th! Excellent idea.

2 Likes

I’ll knock up a poster in December. I refuse to do one as early as two calendar months before :smiley:

2 Likes

Something in this reminds me of William Williams Pantycelyn - travelling around organising meetings or seiadau and inspiring others with his energy and enthusiasm. I don’t want to make you uncomfortable by bigging this up too much, but this travelling around sort of thing has always been a good approach, stretching back to the times of the old troubadours and our own Gogynfeirdd.

2 Likes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/wales/entries/687b3cfb-779d-3885-9610-652c384b6f06

Sadly, I’m not sure if that last sentence is still wholly valid.

2 Likes