Completed SSI Spanish tourist course - far better than phrase books!

After completing levels 1 & 2 of SSI Spanish, I decided to run through the tourist course. I was actually not going to go through it because I thought I’d already know all the phrases taught, but then I thought it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try.

I’m glad I did, because I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. It’s far better and more comprehensive than all these so called phrase books that claim to teach you everything you need to know to survive abroad. The material in the SSI courses really does seem to stick in your brain far more than if you just read the phrases in a book.

Although I think the original idea was to to go through the tourist course first before levels 1 & 2, I actually think the tourist course is the icing on the cake for people who have completed levels 1 & 2 as it puts everything in a practical context you need if you travel to a Spanish speaking country. So those of you who are unsure whether to go through it, definitely do so! Thanks again for creating this course.

I’m only disappointed now that there’s no more SSI Spanish now that I’ve finished it all. Will there ever be any advanced content, i.e podcasts, for SSI Spanish like there is for the Welsh courses?

4 Likes

@aran

2 Likes

I guess today Aran might not be around the forum has to focus on today’s pupil and audience of millions! :grin:
Aran and his audience of millions

4 Likes

Iawn…spinning hearts and minds

1 Like

Brilliant to hear how much the courses have helped you! And yes, there are plans in the air for expanding the SSi Spanish material. I’m sure Aran will be more than delighted to announce it when it’s ready :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant - really delighted to hear it was helpful, Neil - and yes, we hope to be building more stuff for Spanish in the very near future, and the plan is definitely to have the same set of stuff for Spanish as for Welsh… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

¡Muy bien!

2 Likes