Cornish festival South Australia KERNEWEK LOWENDER

Most people in Adelaide are probably aware there is a large cornish festival in Moonta soon. I have never been but I thought If there are any Cornish speakers in sa they might want to know they are conducting cornish lessons link here https://www.trybooking.com/book/event?eid=250566 . I have no idea if this is of interest to anyone but I thought i would put it here anyway when heard about it on the radio.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, Leighton. I come from Australia myself, but don’t know anyone in Adelaide and indeed didn’t know anything about the Cornish language (let alone Cornish festivals) before I moved to Britain some years ago. I understand the Cornish community in Moonta is very strong, though, and I see from the link you posted that Lilian James, who’s a bard of the Cornish Gorsedh, is running the language lessons. Very glad to know that’s happening in Australia, even though I won’t be able to get there myself. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No problems, I think they are also running welsh classes but I cant find a link to that. The festival has been going for many years and I think it is quite large.

1 Like

Thanks very much for this. This year is not an option, but maybe I can work towards it next year or the one after.

Appreciated.

3 Likes