Course 1 Northern Am I Normal? (plus remaining Level 2 North course notes)

As much as I know @essenbee does them for North and @faithless78 for south version. I never heard of any other that would do them. However I might be wrong.

1 Like

Ah, pity if he’s gone then!

I would be happy to carry this on for the Northern course until Stu returns. However it may be the end of the week before they appear as I will need to run through the lessons myself, and I have a full week this week, including a meet at Y Mochyn Du this evening.
Also, they will be in the same style as I do them for the Southern course, ie only the Welsh words will be provided. This leaves it up to the learner to distinguish for themselves what words they are learning and allows them to make their own notes with the English translations if they wish. This was how I used the course notes (which were all written the same way) when I was doing the old course.
I will set aside some time in the evenings after work to do this, if people are happy with this.
Gav

3 Likes

I’ve took a bit of a look into the notes he posted on this forum and as much as I could establish they’re more or less the same as yours, what means only Eglish words and then structures. Since @4Ruth asked about this, may she decide what she’d prefer though.

Stu ( @essenbee) you’re highly missed, not only because of the course guides, but at least I miss your posts already for quite some time. I hope you’re OK.

3 Likes

Probably being dense here, but where are they? I can find the notes for level one (northern only) hidden away in a link in the introduction to level one lessons page, but I can’t find anything else.

1 Like

Guide to Level 2 (Northern)

And, sorry all, I’ve messed up. It really contains English translations too so it is a bit different then that one of @faithless78.

1 Like

Ah, Diolch, Tatjana!

Dim problem … :slight_smile:

Are you on the new design, Ruth? I noticed a gap there last week - I’ll fill them in this week… :sunny:

In other news, Stu had a grandchild, so I think he’s been more than a little busy…:wink:

2 Likes

Ah, excellent! The last I heard from him was on Clecs, when he said his wife was angry at him for cutting the wrong thing down in the garden- and then complete, worrying silence…

I’m relieved to hear there is another explanation for his absence!

2 Likes

More or less, only the Northern course is about 7 challenges ahead of the Southern course. It would at least give me a head start with the Southern challenges :smile:

3 Likes

Lesson 12 here
have you heard ? (to a friend) = (wyt) ti 'di clywed ?
to feel like doing something = teimlo fel gneud rhywbeth
to wait for them = aros amdanyn nhw
we should = dylen ni
do you think ? ( to a friend) = wyt ti’n meddwl ?
I should = dylwn i
do you want ? (politely or to more than one person) = dach chi isio ?
a cup of tea = panad o de
can I ? = ga i ?
can I get you s.th.? = ga i nôl rhywbeth i chi?

5 Likes

Lesson 13 here
coffee = coffi
or coffee = neu goffi
you wanted (polite) = oeddech chi isio
milk = llefrith
milk with your coffee = llefrith efo’ch coffi
did you say? = ddudoch chi ?
and sugar = a siwgr
you said (polite) = ddudoch chi
you said (to a friend) = ddudest ti
I thought = o’n i’n meddwl
get up = codi
early = yn gynnar
early in the morning = yn gynnar yn y bore

5 Likes

@brigitte, you are a star!

@owainlurch I’ve heard the same and then nothing more…I’m glad Stu is OK but happily busy.

2 Likes

I see that Challenges 12 and 13 are already available, so here are Challenges 14-17 for you. I will try to have the last 2 ready by the weekend…

Challenge 14
Vocabulary introduced:
Gofyn i ti. Mynd allan. Rhywben. Wythnos. Wythnos nesaf. Balch.
Balch ohonot ti dy hun(an).
Patterns introduced:
Oeddet ti’n meddwl… Fyddet ti’n licio…? Dylet ti deimlo…

Challenge 15
Vocabulary introduced:
Y peth. Y peth gorau. Y peth gorau i’w ‘neud. Wyt ti’n siwr? Cymryd gormod. O risg.
Patterns introduced:
Dyna ydi(‘r)… Well i ti beidio…

Challenge 16
Vocabulary introduced:
Cerdded. Ti’n cerdded. I mewn i’r dref. I’r ysgol. Pan. Gofalus. Bydd yn ofalus.
Ar dy ben dy hun(an). Dw i wastad yn hapus. Os lici di. Efo chdi (efo ti).
Patterns introduced:
Paid trio…(Paid â thrio…) Ti’n gwybod bod…

Challenge 17
Vocabulary introduced:
Ddydd Llun. Fore dydd Llun. Fyffwn i ddim yn gwneud hynna. Swn i chdi (tasen i chdi). Rhoi. Rhoi fo iddo fo. Rhoi amser iddo fo. Arafu. Tasechdi’n arafu (Taset ti’n arafu).
Patterns introduced:
Mi driwn i…(triwn i…)

3 Likes

Helo pawb

Diolch yn fawr iawn to each and every one of you, I’m so grateful for your help and the word lists. I have been unable to get here until now due to my total devastation at the loss of David Bowie. I have loved and been obsessed with him since I was 9 yrs old and my brother (4 yrs older) got me hooked…I defected from Marc Bolan. I have everything he ever did. Saw him a number of times. Went to the recent V&A exhibition…i just adored him. I am truly heartbroken and the only place online I could go was his fan website where I am a member. That website, like this one, is a very special place because we all just love the man (like we all love Cymraeg) and there is nothing but friendship and unity there. I knew that there I was in the company of people who understood. David Bowie and his music has seen me through every high and low in my life and I will never stop loving him. Am grief stricken.

3 Likes

Here are the remaining course notes for Level 2 Northern. Note than Aran has also put the vocabulary on the lesson pages now, so each challenge has it’s own vocabulary list.

Challenge 18
Vocabulary introduced:
Dod â.
Patterns introduced:
Dw i’n fodlon… Fyddech chi’n fodlon…? Beth am i ni gael…?
(Ta)swn i’n gofyn i ti fynd allan… Be’ fyddet ti’n deud…? Be’ fyddet ti’n gwneud…?

Challenge 19
Vocabulary introduced:
Ddydd Mawrth. Trefnu. Y trefniadau. Delio efo. O’n i isio iddi hi helpu chdi. Prysur.
Rhy brysur. Oedd hi’n rhy brysur.
Patterns introduced:
Rhoi iddi hi… Awn ni…? Swn i’n gofyn i ti helpu fi…

Challenge 20
Vocabulary introduced:
Buan/Yn fuan. Mor fuan â phosib. Eithaf da. Sothach. Sothach llwyr. Pres (arian). Fy mhres. Fy mhres yn ôl. …i fod yn onest. Dyna be’ ddudest ti. …medden nhw.
Patterns introduced:
Do’n i ddim yn meddwl…

5 Likes

Thank you Gav!

1 Like

Sorry to bother you. If I actually listen to the challenges past 8, I might know the answer to this. I was fascinated to find that I remembered everything in your lists from way back, until I saw ‘chdi’. Is that a gogledd version of chi? Or???
p.s. to southerners,

becomes llaeth.

“chdi” is gogledd version of “ti” e.g. dw i isio helpu chdi = I want to help you (to a friend)
“llefrith” is also gogledd for “llaeth”

1 Like