Course two or level two

I have completed the old course one. I haven’t yet completed
the vocab sessions.

I am planning on attending boot camp in September (as soon
as I can guarantee the time off work I plan on booking).

Should I proceed with
the vocab sessions, course two or level two? Or, should I attempt to fly through level one and then proceed with level two?

Also, is there a PDF of the new level two language patterns
to accompany the course like with the old levels? I haven’t been able to find
anything.

Don’t do level 2 without doing level 1 - there’s a massive difference between level 1 and the old course 1, and you’ll start seeing it within the first couple of lessons. Course 2 and level 1 are both good options though; the old and new courses both have different patterns and vocabulary, so you’ll learn more stuff regardless of which you do. I’d be tempted to suggest moving over to level 1, then going through that and level 2, and then moving onto the old course 2 if level 3 hasn’t been started by the time you’re at that point. But like I said; both are good options.

1 Like

I would definitely do the vocab units before you go to bootcamp. They are full of useful stuff that will make bootcamp easier!

2 Likes

I would also suggest completing the vocab lessons in Course 1. The vocabulary there will provide you with a very good foundation for Bootcamp. Then you can decide if you want to continue with the Courses and go to Course 2, or move over to the Levels and do Level 1. As Hector notes, both are good options - they’re just different. Personally, if I had to do it all over again, I would start with the Levels and then do the Courses.

2 Likes

Have they produces a PDF lesson guide for the new level one and two ?

No time to link them for you at the moment, but if you click on FAQ at the top of the page and scroll down, you’ll see “Where do I find the lesson guides”. They are all there. Hope that helps!

1 Like

I have done that but I couldn’t find them for the new level one and two.

Sorry to be a pain. Thanks you for your help.

I have managed to fine the guide for North but not for the south?

Level 1 South is in the FAQ on the new look website, perhaps you are still on the old version? I thought everyone had been switched over at this point, but I could be wrong. Here’s a link:

Level 1 South

Level 2 South is still a work in progress, but @faithless78 has been compiling his excellent notes in this thread:

Level 2 South Guide thread

Sorry I wasn’t clearer before, I was on my way out the door. Let us know if you need more help!

1 Like

I’d recommend this… :slight_smile:

1 Like