Date announced. (unofficial) mini bootcamp. 17/03 - 19/03 now closed - place available!

Hi all.

With the new year coming, i’m thinking of organising another mini bwtcamp weekend, possibly near Caernarfon again.

A week long bootcamp is tricky for many of us and i greatly enjoyed the one in september.

As long as you’ve done course 1 or level 1 north or south you’ll be fine.

As last time cost is likely to be about £50 for two nights accommodation, including dinner and breakfast.

please reply or pm to register an interest

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Pete - hope you don’t mind, but I’ve just stuck ‘unofficial’ in the thread title, to make sure we don’t get into any confusing waters here… :slight_smile:

[To other readers: Pete set up a ‘bootcamp style’ week-end near Caernarfon last autumn, with great success - he’s doing this entirely off his own bat, breaking even (I would imagine) on costs, and not as an official part of SSi… :slight_smile: ]

2 Likes

Of course not. All part of learning together

2 Likes

Love this idea of a mini-bootcamp, where long peoriods aren’t required off work :slight_smile:
Have there been any dates banded about?

Any danny

1 Like

Might be interested; it’s all going to depend on when as I’m currently on C12 of level 1, so will need probably a couple of months to get to the end…

1 Like

Yes, interested. Much as I’d like to be able to do the week long bootcamp with @aran it’s difficult to justify that length of time away with 5 young children at home, so a weekend would be an ideal dipping of toes in the water for the time being!

3 Likes

I’d be interested.

2 Likes

Yes I would definitely be interested.

2 Likes

:scream:

To be honest, I’m pretty staggered that you can find the time to post a single comment on the forum! :wink:

5 Likes

With this amount of interest already…what dates suit

Weekends

2 Likes

I was at Pete’s first mini-bootcamp, last October, and I found it to be very useful, as well as being great fun. I would strongly recommend it. I’m booked in to the April bootcamp in Caernarfon, so I probably wouldn’t be able to attend another mini bootcamp before then, although I could be tempted depending on the dates and what other commitments I have at the time.

4 Likes

I’m genuinely interested in attending this. (I cannot guarantee anything, however, because of my studies.) If it were to be held on a weekend, that would be better for me.

This is an excellent idea. Diolch, Pete2!

2 Likes

I would be interested. I did a boot camp with Iestyn nearly 4 years ago and it’s high time I did another but April is no go. I’m learning northern Welsh and Caernarfon would be a good location for me to get to for a weekend.

2 Likes

Yes - I would be interested - end of the week/weekends would be good.

1 Like

Ok folks…i will announce something soon

4 Likes

I may be interested too Pete

2 Likes

Ok…I have a few options all for Friday March 17th to Sunday March 19th.

Initially four places are available, i’ll be using the fifth! But its likely i can get a further 2 or 3 if enough demand.

Max £50 to include breakfast both days and dinner on at least one evening.

I cannot give the exact location yet and please note the accommodation may mean you are sharing a twin room. I will do my utmost to get the best i can but note these are holiday cottages not hotels and not caravans either.

Possible locations are Bala, Trawsfynydd, Llanllecid, Llanrwst, Harlech…basically across Gwynedd. So please be able to be flexible although i am happy to pick someone up from a station e.g. landudno junction.

Please reply directly to this message to reserve your place. First four guaranteed but please don’t respond unless you can commit. If more than four respond i will seek out other options. I reserve the right to cancel at no cost to you, however if you do confirm a place, please don’t leave me out of pocket.

Any questions, send me a private message.

Pete

3 Likes

That weekend suits me so I’ll come please.

3 Likes