Differences in Level One and Course One

After finishing course one and moving on to level one, I’ve noticed one difference that’s thrown me a little.

In the old course one, ‘I have something’ was ‘mae rhobeth gyda fi’, but in level one, it’s ‘mae gyda fi rhobeth’.

Is there a nuanced difference in this, or is it just another way to get across the same message?

Thanks!

Hi Karla - a related thread (Northern, rather than Southern): I have

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s very helpful!

I think I remember Iestyn also explained the differences and the reasons behind it in another thread somewhere on here (I’m on my phone so not able to find it, but if anyone else would like to look for it??) But the general consensus is that either way is acceptable and would be understood, just use which way you feel comfortable with.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m finding the differences slightly confusing. I’m so used to the way things were taught in the old course that the new forms just don’t feel natural to me!

1 Like

But going through the pain of variations now will let you reap the reward of being less lost when people use them in conversation :sunny:

3 Likes

That’s true…its just trying to wrap my head around it at the moment that’s slightly killing me. That and the fact that I’m attempting to do it at a very accelerated pace to what I’ve been doing previously and I think my brain is a little bit broken! :smile:

That sounds as though you’re doing it all exactly right, and stretching yourself perfectly - just add a little more ‘Don’t worry about it’ into that mix and you’ll be swimming :sunny:

3 Likes

I think the ‘don’t worry about it’ part will take a little more work…I’ve always had a horrible perfectionist streak! But I think I’m making progress on that front.

2 Likes

I genuinely believe that there is no more important skill in language learning - so it’s fantastic to hear that you’re making progress! :star: :star2:

2 Likes

A, ja … … at least one. :slight_smile:

1 Like