Dolgellau walk - Sat 29 September

I’m planning on joining the Dolgellau area walk on Sat 29 Sept organised by Cymdeithas Edward Llwyd (the Welsh natural history society). This area was the setting for Marion Eames’ historical novel (also 2001 S4C drama), Y Stafell Ddirgel, about the 17thC persecution of the Quakers, and, starting in Dolgellau, they plan to visit some sites connected with this - here’s their description:

Taith 6 milltir ar lwybrau cefn gwlad, tir gwlyb mewn mannau gyda pheth dringo. Tua 5 camfa. Ymweld â safle Bryn Mawr, Dewisbren Uchaf a Mynwent y Crynwyr, Tyddyn Garreg. Maes parcio talu ac arddangos tymor hir yn Nolgellau.
(6 miles on rural footpaths, soggy in places with some steep bits. About 5 stiles. Visiting sites Bryn Mawr, Dewisbren Uchaf, Quaker Cemetery, Tyddyn Garreg. Meet long-stay pay and display car park).

They’ll be starting out at 10:30am, but let me know if you’re thinking of coming along and would like to meet up in a cafe a bit beforehand.:slight_smile:

CEL, by the way, have a programme of walks organised on most Saturdays in each of their three regions, North-West, North-East and South and Central Wales - they welcome learners and it’s a great opportunity to practice ‘Welsh in the wild’

3 Likes

That sounds really interesting @johnwilliams_6! If I wasn’t going to be away on that date, I’d consider coming up to join you.

1 Like

A quick bump for Saturday’s Dolgellau walk …