Events?

Hi everyone, my wife and I will be near Newcastle Emlyn from 5-19 July. Any beginner-friendly SaySomething in Welsh events going on then? Also, just got the app and love it!

Thanks,
DanielP

1 Like

Welcome to the course and the forum! :slight_smile:

@Deborah-SSi and @Iestyn may well be able to make some suggestions for your trip… :slight_smile:

I’m going to be away for some of that time, but I know there is going to be an inaugural Welsh Singing night in the Half Moon pub, Pont-Tyweli (near Llandysul) on this Thursday night (6th). I don’t know what time yet so I’ll post here when I have more details. The aim is to be supportive of people learning Welsh, so should be good.

1 Like

So it turns out, this is initially a meal in the Half Moon for one of the local Welsh classes, but our CYD group has been invited to join them. Then, at about 8pm there will be singing. I’m sure you’d be very welcome to join in - the more the merrier!

1 Like

Thank you, Dee. We drive to Wales this afternoon. Hopefully we’ll make it to the Half Moon tomorrow!
Thanks again,
DanielP

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

Newcastle Emlyn is maybe 30-45 minutes away from Aberystwyth, and we run a weekly “clwb clonc” (read as: chat club) in the town centre for learners every Wednesday from 11.30 to about 1pm, it’s officially an hour but depending on how much has gone on that week, we sometimes stay until about 1.30pm or so.

Free coffee/tea and biscuits provided and we usually have guest speakers come in (from local businesses, universities etc - who tend to give a 10-15 min talk before we all break into chatter).

There is a real mix of abilities as well, and everyone is catered for. We’ve got a couple of fluent speakers, a smattering of intermediates and we’ve also got 2 or 3 who are total beginners - so it’s easy just to slot into conversation with whichever group of people you are closest to.

Siop Y Pethe (The purple shop across from Small Tesco).
3 Sgwar Owain Glyndwr,
Aberystwyth.

Every Wednesday from 11.30am.

1 Like

Shw mae, Daniel?

Are you aware of the “Gwyl nopl a mlaen” in Llangrannog this weekend?

It’s a music festival right by the beach, with various other entertainments. Llangrannog has two pubs, a chippy, a cafe / ice cream parlour with ice cream to die for, and a lovely beach - well, two actually: It’s worth going round the headland on the right, past “carreg Bica”, to the more secluded beach. There’s also a footpath and steps to get to or from there when the tide is in.

You will hear plenty of Welsh there, there is plenty to see and do, and when you are bored, well, you’re on the beach!

1 Like

Also everyone, if you do go - give me a heads up. I’ll be down there tomorrow night!