Food and drink

After searching for the interesting recipe I’d seen for Mushroom pate, thank you @margaretnock, I though it may be a good idea to start a new topic for recipes or food and drink related posts to make them more accessible, apologise if this has been done before.
I have just watched a BBC programme entitled A Welsh Italian Christmas with some lovely alternative recipes to try at Christmas @gisella-albertini.

5 Likes

Oh…food and drink…always a great topic! :wink:
I’d love to hear the Welsh Italian recipes for Christmas!
Did you take note @Tricia ? :grin:

1 Like

Try googling the programme BBC A Welsh Italian Christmas and there are recipes, Perhaps some kind person could provide link for programme and recipes, sorry not sure how to do this. Hope you find them.

1 Like

The programme presenter is Michela Chiappa and it look like there have been other Welsh Italian programmes presented by her on radio and tv.

1 Like

Alright! :slight_smile:
Are these the recipes?

[edit] ah no, it’s missing at least one of my all time favorites: melanzane alla parmigiana!

Yes these were some of the ones on tonight’s programme, I think it’s on again next week. The programme is interesting if you are able to get it.
Perhaps your favourite is on next week👨‍🍳

I’ll see if I can see it!
In any case, let me know if you’re going to try any. :slight_smile:

By the way I thought that laverbread (that’s bara lawr, right?) would have…well…bread! :thinking:
While in the recipe it says “three teaspoons of laverbread” which seems to refer only to seaweed (which I’m curious to try actually).

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Food and drink:

You can buy laverbread fresh or in a tin at some shops and online, I’d say an acquired taste, best with oatmeal/bacon.
They made a parmigiana at one of the restaraunts on the programme tonight @gisella-albertini, that’s one I will be making -yum

1 Like

Ufff, what all I’m doing for this forum :smile: ! I’ve just registered with BBC but of course the iPlayer doesn’t work abroad so no watching the broadcast if you’re not residing in UK or are you not there at the moment. However here’s the Website of the program, Actually what @gisella-albertini posted are all recepies on the site.

But as I always try to bring happiness (and this broadcast is already from 2016 and not something new so it must be repetition of it now) here is the Chiappa sisters channel on YouTube where I see a lot of recepies so I presume you’d very easily find something for Welsh-Italian (or from Welsh-Italina) christmas too.

Enjoy!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

@tatjana, we love what you do for the forum. :grinning:

1 Like

Haha! Thanks!

Oh, and if you’re interested further … here are two episodes about Welsh-Italians which present Chiappa family also. With Michela Chiappa of course :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @tatjana, that’s great

1 Like