Forum bug or change? - "preview" stopped working for me

I just noticed today, the “preview” that normally (or used to) appears on the right hand side of the screen when you are typing a post or a reply no longer appears.

The space for it is still there (i.e. I’m not in “hide preview” mode), but no text appears.

Is this an intentional change to the way the forum works, a bug, or what?

Is anyone else seeing this, or am I the only one?

(I’m using the latest Chrome on Windows 7 on a PC, dinosaur that I am).

1 Like

Hi @mikeellwood - yes, there’s some discussion in the
Mobile forum plug-in error thread: https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/mobile-forum-login-error/13996/4

1 Like

Thanks John. I didn’t look at that, since I primarily look at the forum on my PC, and not on my phone.

It doesn’t happen just on mobile but in general what maybe means some (tiny) part of code is missing or is wrongly put or even there’s something to check but is not checked.

I’ve already allerted @Kinetic in one another thread as this is something to be corrected on the page first and then maybe in app (just iGears app has that access, Android has not).

In the mean time we’ll just have to do without preview. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone…

Yes, this was something that the Discourse people changed in the most recent version. I had a bit of a google and found some other Discourse users reporting the same problem, and I think I’ve managed to sort it now!

5 Likes

Let’s try this!

Yup it’s sorted.

I’ll just try how embeds are previewed.

All looks perfect on the windows side of the PC. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

2 Likes