Hi from South Australia

To access S4C from outside UK:

http://www.s4c.cymru/en/international

Mwynhewch!

Ah, thank you @mikeellwood.

Sorry @henddraig I obviously missunderstood what is wanted from me.

Here you go: the link to the thread S4C outside UK

Ha! no I am not much like Crocodile Dundee (though some may disagree). I am a hydrogeologist/ Environmental scientist working on a mine site about 700 km North of Adelaide in the arid lands. I fly in and out of here on a week on week off basis (FIFO) and live in Adelaide.Thanks for the link, I look forward to seeing whats on S4C when I get back and signing up to start Course 2!

Extreme shortage of crocodiles there I imagine!!! Lots of certain snakes and some lizards, maybe? Any really interesting species (diddorol 'wyr)? You could send pics to ‘What;s outside’!!! :thumbsup:

Done I will post a pic of an awesome Western Brown Snake I saw the other day when I get home. I can put up some pick of emus and other stuff too if people are interested. And yep very little water around here ~180mm/y rainfall but when it falls it usually all falls in a couple days and floods. Where I work is only about 200km from Coober Pedy, one of the famous Opal towns here.

What’s Outside

So here is a pic of a medium Western Brown Snake (1.5 m) Which I saw out bush the other day. These guys are pretty poisonous.

Ants on a Bush Tomato flowers

A better pic of the snake (I don’t think the last one uploaded properly)

3 Likes

yes something went wrong with the first one, I got a blank square! I could zoom in on the second, which is more than I can with my own efforts. BUT… please send pics like that to the “What’s outside” thread!!
@tatjana Please show him how!! I tried but got all mixed up!!!

Sorry. Yes, the first one is blank and it might be fine if you’d click on the link I posted above your post (text “What’s outside”) which will carry you instantly to the topic which I and @henddraig had in mind these pics would be fine to be posted.

Great pics though.

If you find Welsh words for the animals, plants on the pics even better.

Hope it helps.

Yep sorry I haven’t had much to do with forums before.
I have put the snake pic there, Still learning :grin:.

Diolch!

Paid poeni. (Don’t worry.)

You can always find some very useful things in the topic "Really useful “how to” stuff and other great posts where the most informative posts regarding this forum are List of how to stuff and the The list of most useful things for learning. So, you’re welcome to read and click through these stuff.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Well, we got rain last night!!! Down in Adelaide they got more than we did I believe. So, not that dry. Only had to wait a few months for that tiny bit hahaha.
If you want to listen to Radio Cymru, you cant through the normal app, but if you download '‘TuneIn Radio’ you can listen to the live stream.

1 Like

yep that what I do in relation to Radio Cymru. I listen to them Whilst I work every day. I am starting to understand a bit and am picking p words. with the Rain we got around 10 mm I think.

1 Like

Very jealous. We only got 3mm.

ah, I live in the hills so we get around 1000 mm/yr, most in winter though.

Signed.
Diolch.

Diolch ond… PLEASE fill in where you are… Australia is good… where in Os would be brilliant!! Not many people are in dry outback regions!!!

OK, how do I do that?