Hola! (That sounds weird!)

OK, I’ve got about a month to learn Spanish before I have to take the kids there by myself for some dancing competition at the end of June. (I’m not looking forward to that with completely unadulterated enthusiasm, to be honest!)

I’m hoping at the moment that I might be able to get through Level 1 and the Tourist course, although that might turn out to be overambitious. I just did Challenge 1 - which I have heard in the background before when my daughter was trying it, so it wasn’t too hard, although annoying when you can’t remember stuff in time!

I was thinking of alternating between the two courses - 5 lessons of each, then swap. Would that be a good idea, or would it be better to stick with one all the way? Any other tips?

And any tips on finding a bit of conversation practice? (Maybe once I know a little bit more to say!)

Muchos gracias!

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi posted a message a few weeks ago about trialling a Spansih hangout.

I’ve been meaning to dust off my Spanish with the aim of joining in, but it’s wasn’t till 47 seconds ago that I refinished challenge 1 (I think I did most of level 1 about 3 years ago!). If you need a practice partner let me know and we can break all the rules of welshspeakingpractice slack…

2 Likes

Hi @jamesmahoney, that would be brilliant - thanks! I will have to get through a bit more material first, or the conversation will dry up extraordinarily quickly! But if all goes to plan maybe we could have a very short attempt at saying ‘hola’ in about a week or so? :slight_smile:

I like the sound of that. I’m hoping that, in the fullness of time, we’ll have a Spanish Speaking Practice Slack community too, but at the moment what a good idea. We could just have an individual Hangout at a set time using the Welsh one … shhhh!

2 Likes

Good idea. So far all I can reliably say is that I want to learn to practice remembering how to speak spanish.

I just learnt how to say that I’d forgotten how to learn how to practice how to speak Spanish, but now I’ve forgotten again!

I just looked for an android Spanish app, but it didn’t come up on Google play. Am I being really dim, or isn’t there one? I guess you are the person to ask, @jamesmahoney?

I need to dust it off and then I’ll set you up with access

Ooh, gracias! (But please don’t go to any trouble - I can manage with the mp3s of course too.)

1 Like