Machynlleth meetups

This Monday evening, @Nicky will be in Tafarn y Dyfi, Glantwymyn (Cemmaes Road) 7-8pm inspiring the local group of learners. All welcome!

2 Likes

All welcome tonight in the Dyfi, Glantwymyn:
@Isata @BronwenLewis

3 Likes

The next Machynlleth meet up is on Saturday 13th January, but it won’t be in Machynlleth! Instead, we (@Isata, @BronwenLewis) are going to join the touring Ceredigion group in Llandysul. Field trip! :slight_smile:

Also, on the same day, there is the annual Y Fari Llwyd, starting at the Brigands Inn:

A mini bus is being organised from Machynlleth to the Brigands and onwards. Let me know if you are interested.

1 Like

Just a reminder that the next Machynlleth meetup is tomorrow in Caffi Alys at 10.30am. We’re looking forward to a larger group this month after @Deborah-SSi’s talk/Q&A session about the 6-month Welsh Speaker course last week.

All welcome of course!

Also, if anyone’s interested in coming to the Canolfan Owain Glyndŵr AGM to hear about the Heritage Lottery Fund application that has just been submitted and the plans for developing the centre, that’s on Tuesday at 7pm upstairs in the Powys Room (above Caffi Alys).

3 Likes

Hello
I’ll be around Machynlleth 19th to 26th May, any chance of catching up with folks, even just a coffee?
Polly

Hi Polly,

On your last day - a few of us will be attending one of our monthly Clonc-edigion meetup about 45 mins down the road in Llwyncelyn if you are still about on that day

Hi Polly

It would be lovely to see you again. I have visitors arriving 21st-30th, but I won’t be entertaining them all the time. I’m sure we can arrange a few cups of coffee! @BronwenLewis @Isata

Helen

Sorry, Polly, I’m away next week. Next time, hopefully…

You could probably get a lift down with someone @pollypolly. We usually have a few from Machynlleth area. It would be good to see you.

1 Like

llwyncelyn on my last day, I’m tempted but I’d better be sensible and get travelling on. That’s the trouble with a Saturday to Saturday holiday, one tends to miss the Saturdays when events are on.
Sorry not to catch you this time Bronwen, do enjoy your time away.
But coffee plural with Helen, sounds good. I’ll message you separate with my phone number as I don’t access email while on holiday.

The next Machynlleth meetup will be postponed to 15th September (instead of 8th), to coincide with Gŵyl Machynlleth.

…And because we’ve had a Three Macheteers Penblwydd Hot Tub Hangout! Penblwydd Hapus i ni i gyd!!

4 Likes

Why wasn’t I invited?? :laughing:
(Penblwydd hapus iawn i chi gyd beth bynnag. :smile:)

5 Likes

3 Likes

I never knew ukelele was spelt like that in Welsh :joy:

5 Likes

Hot tub, champagne, posh pad in the country. At least I get to use one of my favourite Welsh words – cenfigenys! Penblwydd Hapus i’r tri ohonoch chi.

4 Likes

There will be an information session about SSiW at the Centre of Alternative Technology in Machynlleth this coming Friday - 14th September. If you want to come along, get in touch and let them know.

Aran and I are both hoping to be there :slight_smile: and it will be a chance to meet Nia who runs some of the Hangouts for the 6 Month Welsh Speaker course!

4 Likes

I’m going to try to come. It’ll depend on family commitments

I love CAT (the centre and the person :wink: ). I used to take busloads of my Science and Environment students from Leicester in the late 70s shortly after it was founded. I’ve often taken my children and grandchildren there in the intervening years. :smile:

Update: M has given me a day pass and I have e-mailed CAT asking to come :smiley:

3 Likes

The 3 Macheteers are keen to come, but we don’t want to frighten away beginners by turning up in force.

What’s the situation @Deborah-SSi? We’re keen to show our enthusiasm/support, but if it’s an ‘introduction’, how many long term SSiWers do you want there?

2 Likes

Good point, @helenlindsay. I’ll be guided by Dee’s response, too.

2 Likes

I think it will be fine. @nia.llywelyn is the person who is organising it, so she is the best person to ask, but I think it would be useful to have you all there to share your experiences.

4 Likes