Brilliant @tatjana

Rich :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you both.

And thanks to who liked the post. :slight_smile:

Da iawn ti! Very well done, tatjana!

1 Like

Oh very well done, Tatjana! :clap:

Rumours that someone in Slovenja had been asked to do a video for S4C sysgu cymraeg had gone as far as Italy. And I kinda supposed who’d that be. :wink:
But I didn’t know you had actually done it and it had been published. So thanks for sharing, it’s always inspiring to see fellow learners daring to take this kind of challanges! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I seem to understand you didn’t really have a set of questions, am I right?

1 Like

I’d done my best @margarethall. Thank you.

Thank you very much.

Ooo … this is something I didn’t know. :slight_smile:

Well, it took me the time to do it as I wanted to do it outdors and the rain pured down madly the whole (almost) 2 weeks so I had to hunt the deadline at the end (just like it was the case with my rap also). Then it took some time for it to be published too since there was Christmas amongst everything and they have to put other things up. I almost thought it isn’t good enough material to do anything from it but then surprisingly, here we are with the end “product” of the whole thing.

There were two options given: video with tips and “tricks” you use to learn or simply Vlog about something. Rhiannon kindly suggested to me to tell something about Slovenia and so I did it. I wanted to go for a walk and show around but the rain did it’s work. But fortunately I have huge amount of my own photos from around the country so I included them into the video which made some impression to producers too.

And yes, you’re right. There were no pre-set questions and the choice in specific about what I’d say was totally left to me.

All in all (to @aran’s relief) I can say I’m (kind of) satisfied with the thingy. But more I love how they put it together. They did huge amount of work with picking the right things out of the almost 5 minutes of material I’ve sent.

So, now, since you’re my neighbour (country wise) it could be your turn. :slight_smile:

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:grimacing:
Yeh…gotta think a bit more about what to say though!

1 Like

Brilliant, Tatjana, really well done! Llongyfarchiadau! Da iawn ti! :tada: :star: :star: :star: :tada:

1 Like

Thank you @AnnaC. Well, as always, it could be better, but let’s say I’m kind of satisfied with the thing.

1 Like

Tatjana, you’re an inspiration to all those of us who are hopelessly self-critical, because you go ahead and do things anyway! A great little video which will encourage people to learn Welsh and to visit beautiful Slovenia. I look forward to hearing about your next challenge, and it’s making me think it’s about time I set myself one, too…

3 Likes

Thank you @BronwenLewis. I just hope the video would really encourage people to learn Welsh but I’m not sure though. I also hope more people could see from this little video that our country is beautiful in deed and bring some good memories to those who already visited it.

I’m not sure about your challenges but as much as I could follow your activities, youve passed many of them already. You help people to get started to speak and this way use the language they learn - Welsh and there surely were some other challenges you’ve done in the past. The greatest challenge - bootcamp - you’ve done superbly and you speak Welsh (as much as I could hear) much better than I ever will. So, good job! I don’t doubt you’ll think something uneque to you to do as a challenge though and I’d be glad to hear about it. So, looking forward to what comes next.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Tatjana :rose::sunflower:

Wow, you’re a TV-star! You are one cool woman, you know, and I admire your creativity and badassery. I can feel how much you love Wales and Welsh, it’s visible and audible in all of your work. :film_projector: :musical_score:

I must admit that I didn’t understand much (yet, hopefully). Then, the word draig popped up and … et voilà, I understood that, just like in Wales, you have dragons in Slovenia, too! True? :dragon:

Hwyl :partying_face:

Your fan Claudia

3 Likes

Thank you. Not much of a star though but I’ve done my best and my share.

Well, ideas sometimes romp through my head too fast to make all come true, but some of them remain in my mind until I do something with them. I bet you’re creative too but it’s just lack of time maybe to focus on the ideas you have in your mind at the moment.

Yes, there are several legends in Slovenia which contains dragons but I’ve used Ljubljana dragon bridge as the example because those 4 dragons are World-famous and every one who visited the city knows them (well I presume it’s so). But our dragons are all colors but in particular green though. :slight_smile:

Hwyl! :slight_smile:
Tatjana

1 Like

@tatjana I have just seen your video. It’s great. When I first started learning you were very welcoming to me. Lovely to see you ‘in real life’ and, my goodness, you sound proper Welsh! :dragon_face:

1 Like

Thank you for these kind words @franhunni.

Oh, well, it’s a lot to be done yet as the accent is prety Slovene at times. Well, I’m doing my best.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

2 Likes