On the way to "revival" all the way to future Skype practices/conversations

As I’ve got totally offtopic in previous post and if I do some more update it’ll be too long and too mixed, I’ll put some extra update here.

As every Saturday, I had nice (not so little) chat on Skype (it was an hour and a half long session) with @brigitte and we mostly switched our chat usually going on in English with German one. I have to say that with this part I’m quite satisfied. My German is quite awkward and rusted yet as I didn’t speak the language for about 10 or even more years; articles are missing or they’re wrong, tenses are a bit awkwardly put, I still search for words to express myself but all in all the conversation went on prety “fluently” and, besides some little tinny things I could understand Brigitte very well.

So, I can say Saturday was pleasantly concluded with nice talk in German and an hour and a half time passed with lightening speed. :slight_smile:

I rather won’t say anything about my Cymraeg part (this comes in Tatjana - progress reports though).

On the other note
Now I’m very near to be ready to have some Italian skype session. Just a bit of vocab exercises to refresh my memory and I’ll definately be OK to start. I’ve tested my mind the other day and tried to put some sentences in my mind properly together with proper tenses and so and I believe there are quite some things I didn’t forget so @stella and all the rest who might be interested to have some patience with me, just a bit more and I’ll be prepared to unleash my “skills” on Skype. - hehe. :slight_smile:

And no, my Cymraeg learning process isn’t interrupted or on stop mode because of that and it isn’t slowed down either. I’m going with the same pace through the same errors despite I still didn’t find the weapon to concor those shortenings which I’ll in short time officially proclame as my enemies Nr. 1 - haha! AND I SHALL OVERCOME! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, @stella let’s say I’ve revived some of my Italian so we could try and have a little chat in it. From tomorrow on (08.09.2015) tell me when you have time and we shall see if we can come together on Skype. tatjanaprelog is my skypename or mail thoughttalking(at)hotmail.com my live acount. The picture is the same as here … However drop me a note on the forum first as I’m not on Skype when I don’t use/need it.

For @margaretnock and more of those who would like to chat in Cymraeg with me (if there are any at all) I’ve bought me a new pice of technology (this problem finally solved), but I’m not sure. I still find myself too clumsy and too (least) talkative (in Cymraeg) to chat with anyone other then @brigitte who is already used to my Saesneg “outdropping” transfering into occassional German and all of a sudden dropping back to (one word) Cymraeg again. I think it would be waste of your time. I admit I could learn from you but you surely can’t possibly learn anything from me though … You need and deserve better then this.

Hello Tatjana, I will be very glad to have a chat in Italian with you, but this will have to wait till next week, as I’m on holiday right now, and the internet is not so fast here, unfortunately! I will write to you as soon as I can)

YAY! HOLIDAYS UNDERWAY! :slight_smile: @stella on holidays, @brigitte on holidays, I on (kind of) holidays (as I have a week off).

Hey, ladies! Have the most wonderful one ever! I hope it’s not as cold as here is where you both are!

Enjoy!

And don’t rush! If holidays are great (which I don’t doubt they are (will be), then it’s never long enough to return to reality.

I’m back home now and very willing to meet in skype when you can, Tatjana. :sunny:

If you have time tomorrow about 20:00 GMT+1 (if it’s not too late where you live or too early maybe?)

I should be around 22.00 here, so yes, ok for me:)

Ah, so you’re 2 hours ahead of us. OK. my Skype mail thoughttalking@hotmail.com or Skype name TatjanaPrelog (the same picture as on here) … :slight_smile:

Ci sentiamo o vediamo. … :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I found you:) I’ve sent you a friendship request on skype

Thx. Will accept when I can. Now I’m at work and have just brief “sneak in” into the forum … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, just to mention that I just had a nice (although quite long (my guilt again - hehe)) conversation with @stella through Skype first in Italian and then in English. There was not as much “proper” Italian comming from me then I actually expected but I could be satisfied anyway since I didn’t speak the language (this I properly calculated only today) for about 20 years. I’m short on vocabulary and the structures like “for”, “with”, “from”, “about” etc are quite weak point however my general impression is quite OK. I’m confident that I can improve here. The most I’m satisfied with that when I search for the word in Google translate I mostly have no problem to read it (except for some exeptions which are more due to my bad sight and desire to read it quick then anything else). Tenses are weak point also but they just have to “come back” into my head as I actually learnt them but I am confident this will be back too.

All in all, thank you Stella for your time and thank you for enabling me switching into English when I felt I’m becomming tired. Yes, despite the conversation went quite easier then Cymraeg one, I became tired at one point. I’m looking forward to next session when we agree on it in the near future.

So, Italian will eventually stick. Back to Cymraeg now before going to bed.

2 Likes

It was my pleasure:) You did well, especially for a person who didn’t speak Italian for 20 years! But I could say that you lack exposure, a bit… Try to watch some short videos or listen to things (news or songs) in Italian, and it will all come back much quicker.

I had commentary of both yesterday’s rugby matches (Wales and AllBlacks) in Italian what was actually good. I enjoyed it. And, mucis, yes. Italians have a lot of good music. I recall there was more Italian music on our radio times ago too, but now it’s almost no more.

For the taste of it, this mixture of English/Italian duet I love the most (you know all who preformers are, don’t you?)

1 Like

Oh, I like his Italian-English duets:)

1 Like

Ahhh, yes. How about this one - Eros is king no doubt …

This is great, help me in my business meetings also.

1 Like

Well, I’ll bump up this topic of mine and use it as I (now occassionally though) use the topic Tatjana - progress reports in Welsh section but will write about all languages I learn or I’m trying to revive.

Now to the reason I’ve bumped that topic up and made it running again.

I’ve posted a little note in German in my Auf Deutsch Gesagt German blog a year ago and I’ve posted one (maybe even shorter note than before) today aswell. What I’d like is if someone would give me a feedback in this topic about these two little notes. Are they written correctly at all or if I should be ashamed of writing something in German though. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Oh, well, my reviving is going really really slow. Welsh consumed me totally. :smile:

2 Likes

Hallo Tatjana,
I just read your notes in German. I could easily understand what you wanted to express (and of course I know this feeling if you’re looking for a word in a foreign language and all you can remember is the Welsh word). There is nothing to be ashamed of, please don’t give up learning German.

2 Likes

Well done Tatjana. Even I could understand you, using my School German from 45 years ago :slight_smile:

1 Like