Oxford Welsh learners group

Hi all - not sure who (if anyone) is planning on making an appearance at the Royal Blenheim today, but looks like I won’t be able to make it :frowning:

On the other hand (and I expect I’m too late with this but just in case), it turns out that I will be able to make the lunch on 18th, if that’s still possible … when I wrote my earlier message about this I had got the dates mixed up and had in mind that it was Tuesday just gone, which clashed with my emergency car MOT (it passed - yay)

If by chance I can be fitted in for lunch on Tuesday I’ll have all the vegan options!

Hi @rebecca - I’ll check with Mike - didn’t seem much problem fitting Rachael in, so fingers crossed

Thanks very much @johnwilliams_6. Will of course bring your and Sue’s dvds!

1 Like

Hi @rebecca - Mike he says he can definitely fit you in for lunch on Tuesday! Also he’s arranged 6 parking spaces for us at the White Horse pub about 10 yards away so (now your car’s passed the MOT! :wink:) you could use one of those if you want
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

YAY!!! Thank you so much @johnwilliams_6, I’m delighted :christmas_tree::snowman_with_snow:️:gift::santa:

3 Likes

If anyone hasn’t been following the Plygain thread but is interested in plygain and fancies a post-Xmas trip to London, this one in Capel Jewin (nr The Barbican) was highlighted by @BronwenLewis : https://www.facebook.com/eglwysjewin/photos/gm.2091699327517905/1792613734184053/?type=3

2 Likes

Had to take 4 Jan out because someone has reorganised a committee meeting. :frowning_face:
Sue

Oops, should be on Oxford Walks thread.

1 Like

Just to confirm, as we have cinio Nadolig in Cafe Bap on Tuesday, there won’t be a Monday meetup - we can decide on Tuesday whether or not to have the regular Thursday meetup
Hwyl, John

Hi @cat-1 @rebecca - message from Mike: If you decide to park in the White Horse pub car park on Tuesday, he asks if you’d put a piece of paper or something on the dashboard saying “Cafe Bap”
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Just back from our cinio Nadolig - such a great time was had, and now I’m feeling proper Christmasy! Here are 2 photos (because no photo contained both @rachaelseculer-faber and @Betterlatethan!)

Here’s the first, and from left to right we have Mike (standing up), our genuine Welsh speaking host, then me, @Laura_P_87, @rachaelseculer-faber, Clive, Richard W, @RichardBuck, and @johnwilliams_6.

4 Likes

Second photo, except Rachel is now hidden and @Betterlatethan has appeared between the two Richards :blush: Oh and @cat-1 is properly visible in this one too, right at the front!

Thank you @johnwilliams_6 for organising this lovely afternoon :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

Wel, roedd yn ginio Nadolig anhygoel. Ges i amser da iawn. Diolch i @johnwilliams_6 am ei drefnu fe. A diolch i Meic am y bwyd ac am ofalu amdanom ni mor dda.

Well, it was an incredible Christmas lunch. I had a very good time. Thank you to @johnwilliams_6 for organizing it. And thank you to Mike for the food and for looking after us so well.

Sue

4 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn pawb am ginio Nadolig cofiadwy a phleserus iawn / Many thanks everyone for a memorable and very enjoyable Christmas lunch - and a special vote of thanks to our host ‘Welsh Mike’ for doing us proud (I’ll be sending people his email address via PM, by the way)

Well, in the end we didn’t get around to deciding whether to have a meetup on Thursday, but I’ll assume everyon’ll be too tied up with Christmassy stuff unless you let me know otherwise :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

PS If you should want to while away a bit of time with some Welsh on your smartphone over Christmas :wink: there are lots of links to Wesh language ffôn clyfar aps here: http://cymraeg.gov.wales/Apps?tab=apps&lang=cy

2 Likes

Thanks for the cinio nadolig!

If anyone’s interested in the ‘Eurovision for minority languages’ I mentioned, here’s their page: https://www.facebook.com/liet.international/
(click on ‘Videos’ to watch last year’s contest)

And here’s the entry of our first-ever, sadly terribly-unsuccessful, Junior Eurovision contestant, Manw (song by Yws Gwynedd) :

I would’ve liked this kid to win our national selection, though - perfformiad anhygoel! :

3 Likes

Lovely to see the crew! Bit jealous we couldn’t be there with you… :wink:

3 Likes

Helo pawb - let me know, when you can, when you’d like to begin our meetups again once Christmas is out of the way :slightly_smiling_face: _ - yn y cymamser,
Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i bawb!:christmas_tree::champagne:
John

4 Likes

Shwmae o Niwgwl, Sir Benfro!

I’m away in Pembrokeshire for the duration of the school hols, and I’ll be up for our Thursday Royal Blenheim meeting on 10th January, if anyone is ready for a peint blwyddyn newydd by then :blush:

4 Likes

Am golygfa bendigedig!
Yes, I’ll be there for the meetup on Thurs 10th Jan in the Royal B.
Hope you have the luck to come across a Welsh speaker or two out there in Sir Benffro
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

I posted this on the Oxford Walks thread but thought it worth repeating here just in case … :slightly_smiling_face:

" A quick reminder in case anyone else would like to join Linda, Sue and me tomorrow for some post-Xmas fresh air on our walk+ sgwrs around Port Meadow (weather forecast: cloudy but dry)"

If anyone else wants to join us, do come along :slightly_smiling_face::
11:30 Friday 28th December - meet at Oxford Rail Station