Oxford Welsh learners group

Hi John, thanks for your message.

I will head by the cafe tomorrow from work. Unfortunately I am afraid my Welsh is very basic, I have just started the podcast lessons on the saysomething website, but it will be nice to meet some new people in any case.

I will not be able to make the concert on Saturday, due to being in Barry over the weekend, but the walk on the 5th sounds interesting.

Best,

Lloyd

1 Like

Helo Lloyd

We’ll try and keep an eye out for you - not sure how many of us will be there tonight as we’re a small group and one or two people have been away but probably at least Carolyn and me
Hwyl, John

PS And a quick reminder for others that the meetup’s from 5:30pm tonight (Tues 23 Feb) downstairs in the Jericho Cafe

1 Like

Hi Sandra
We haven’t heard from you for a while and maybe the day or time of our meetups doesn’t really work for you, but we have another meetup tonight, 23 Feb, (as usual from 5.30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe) and there’ll be another newcomer there, so do come along if you can make it.
Hwyl fawr, John

1 Like

Shwmai John,
Apologies I haven’t been able to make it yet - I am moving house to Frenchay Road in a few weeks, so life is very hectic with renovations/builders etc. Please keep me updated with dates when your meetings /events are are and I will let you know when I can come along.

Hi Sandra
Sorry you weren’t able to make it, but you have my sympathies re moving, renovations etc!
In my message I forgot to add that some of us are planning to go to the St David’s Day concert in Oxford this Saturday http://www.oxfordwelshmvc.org.uk/documents/autumn2015.pdf
plus we have a walk+sgwrs planned for the following Saturday through Wytham Wood - you’d be very welcome to join us if you can make it. Hwyl, John

1 Like

A reminder that tomorrow, Tues 1st March - Dydd Dewi Sant! - we have our regular meetup from 5.30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe - newcomers especially welcome!
Also a bump for our walk+sgwrs next Saturday 5th March - for details see Oxford SSiW - additional meetups? thread
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

A quick reminder about the regular Oxford meetup tomorrow, Tuesday, usual time, usual place - all welcome!

2 Likes

There’s another meetup scheduled for this Tuesday, 22nd March but I won’t be able to make it this time as I’ll be in Cymru for the week, and being the week before Easter, others may be away also.
If you’re planning to be at the meetup it’s best therefore to post a message to this thread just to make sure it’s happening!
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Being Easter time there may not be many around and I wouldn’t want to find myself the only one at the Jericho Cafe meetup next Tuesday (29th March) but I’ll certainly be there if anyone else is planning on coming, so do let me know if you’ll be there .

1 Like

Just to confirm that there will be a meetup in the Jericho Cafe, Walton St, tonight (Tue 29th March), as usual from 5.30pm onwards. All welcome, so if you happen to be visiting Oxford do come along.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

A quick reminder that there’ll be another of our weekly meetups this Tues 12 April from 5:30pm in the Jericho Cafe

1 Like

For one reason and another people are likely to be thin on the ground over the next couple of weeks (Tues 28th April & 3rd May). So if any of you might be thinking of coming along to the meetups in the Jericho Cafe it’ll probably be best to let people know here and then check beforehand just to make sure you won’t be the only one!
Hwyl
John

1 Like

Time to flag up our next meetup on Tues 10th May, as usual from 5.30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe - let me know if you’re thinking of coming along
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s (Tues 17th May) Oxford group meetup - same time, same place (I may be a few minutes late this time as I’ll be on my way back from Llundain by train)
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Time already to post a reminder about the SSiW Oxford group meeting at the Jericho Cafe tomorrow, Tues 24th May (as last week, I’ll be on my way back from Llundain by train so I’m afraid I may be a few minutes late - or rather a lot of minutes late if I should miss my train…)

1 Like

We have another Oxford meetup scheduled for tomorrow, 31 May, although I’m afraid I have to be in Llundain yet again tomorrow and this time it looks as if I won’t be able to get along to the meetup much before 7:30 at the earliest.
Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it at all for the following 2 weeks, so if you’re thinking of coming to the meetups on Tues 7 or 14 June, do please post a message to this thread and check beforehand to make sure there’ll be someone else there.
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

A quick reminder that our next meetup will be this Tuesday, 21st June, as usual from 5:30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe, Walton St, Do come along if you can make it,
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Back in Oxford ar ôl wythnos bendigedig yng Nghymru and hoping to see pawb at our next meetup, this Tuesday 12th July, usual time usual place.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Time for a reminder that there’ll be another SSiW meetup on Tuesday, 26th July, from 5:30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe, Walton St (opp. Phoenix Cinema) - as always, all welcome.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

With the summer holidays upon us and as, sadly for us (but very happily for them!), two of our group have moved to Cymru - llongyfarchiadau iddyn nhw! - there won’t be another Oxford meetup for a few weeks. Watch this space for updates!
Hwyl fawr, John

2 Likes