Oxford Welsh learners group

Thank you @rebecca, @johnwilliams_6, @cat-1 and Clive. You made my first ever attempt so very enjoyable that I look forward to the next time.

Sue

2 Likes

You get extra brownie points for surprising me in the queue @Betterlatethan!! :joy:

1 Like

If you only knew how long it took me to get up the courage to address you, @cat-1 :blush:

2 Likes

Delighted to hear how well you’re doing - huge congratulations! :slight_smile: :star2:

And that’s a huge result there, too - well DONE! :star: :star2:

And thanks for the suggestions - drinks in the Bodleian sounds fun…:slight_smile:

Ah, now though - that would actually be a particular treat, if possible - I was about 10 when my father was there, and rather fell in love with the College… :slight_smile:

Sounds like a plan coming together! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would never have known you’ve been learning for such a short time - you sounded great!

2 Likes

OK - time to confirm that from now on we’ll be having lunchtime meetups weekly on Fridays from 12 noon in the Museum of Modern Art Cafe, Pembroke Street, OX1 1BP (https://www.modernartoxford.org.uk/ ) - hope to see you there - and @Deborah-SSi many thanks again for offering to include the change in the newsletter
Hwyl, John

PS On Saturday’s walk the idea was floated of perhaps sometimes having a walk on a weekday - post a message on the Oxford Walks thread if you think you might be interested

3 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t be there on Friday 29th because I shall be away. I hope to be there the following week.
Sue

I’ll be there on Friday :grinning:

2 Likes

J.W. i just wonder if there is a chance here for combination, that is , meet at the cafe for panad a sgwrs, then go for a wander if anyone is interested.

Cheers J.P.

Yes, certainly a possibility if the timing works out for people. What do others think about the idea?
Hwyl, John

Cafe and then a walk would work for me. I can’t do a very long walk though because I would need to get back.

1 Like

I’d be happy to join up cafe and walk, but I think the need to be back home before three will probably scupper me, unless we meet earlier.

1 Like

I’ll be there on Friday too! I’m possibly interested in a walk too … though I should probably get on with my work :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve been a bit rubbish at getting out these past two weeks, despite saying that Fridays are normally good for me, so I’m sorry to have missed people. However, I would be able to make Tuesday lunchtime. @johnwilliams_6 - is Linacre going to happen? I don’t know if you have some inside knowledge about getting a bite there, but I’d gladly join you.

2 Likes

It just occurred to me that I will be around on Tues after all and would love to join the disgled party! So please do keep me in the loop too, @johnwilliams_6 … was great to see you and @cat-1 again today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, if @aran can still make it - at last count, from our group I think we have we have @cat-1 @rebecca @richardbuck Richard W (who doesn’t read the Forum) plus me, and perhaps @ramblingjohn and maybe non-SSiW Clive J.

Also, how do people feel about inviting a couple of non-SSiWers I met at the Eisteddfod? Lois Llywelyn Williams, Caplan of the Uni Welsh Society (Cymdeithas Dafydd ap Gwilym) is going to be inviting SSiWers to events she’ll be organising, and Ros Temple, a past Caplan of CDapG who learnt Welsh and is planning to join our meetups and walks.

The plan:
@Aran if we meet outside Lincare what would be a good time for you?
I’ll be phoning Linacre on Monday and am hoping to be able to get us in on the basis of my alumni card but, if that doesn’t work, New College should be possible or perhaps Jesus College, where CDapG is based, if Lois joins us. If all else fails, some pretty good alternatives have already been suggested, but let’s stick to meeting up outside Linacre, by which time we’ll know what’ll be possible. Hwyl, John

1 Like

This is turning into a right old party! Brilliant! All good with me!

1 Like

Sounds great, and will love to meet your friends @johnwilliams_6! Thank you for all your efforts organising this.

1 Like

Have a great time folks, i will look forward to hearing about it.
hope to meet you all sometime soon.

Cheers J.P.

3 Likes

Brilliant - diolch yn fawr iawn, John! - I think I’m aiming to drop my mother off at about 12.30, and then it’s about a ten minute walk in from there, so I should be there by about a quarter to 1 - but I’ll confirm tomorrow, and then let you know on the Tuesday if we run into any hiccups (which we shouldn’t - we’ll just be running down the A44 from near Chipping Norton in the morning, so I’m expecting to be in plenty of time).

It’s going to be such a treat to meet you all… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like