Oxford Welsh learners group

er… (well, if I can get away with it… :wink: ).

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Helo pawb! Sorry to have gone AWOL lately. A combination of the usual lurgies and then getting to the stage in the term where I can barely remember my own name. I hope I’ll be at the Friday meet-up next week … though I’m afraid I might have anghofio’d all my Cymraeg by then :confused:

Helo @rebecca! I’m sorry you couldn’t make it. I confess to being a bit out of my depth at times in a conversation that took in naturists, marking and colours of horses, the variety of Welsh spoken in Patagonia, ancient armour and armies, the origins of words and the perils of talking about window sills among other topics. I enjoyed it thoroughly and I am just sorry that I don’t yet have the vocabulary to contribute more. Diolch yn fawr @johnwilliams_6, @cat-1 and @RichardBuck. I hope that you enjoy the carol service if you are able to go.
Sue

2 Likes

I’m fairly surprised at what we got through too @Betterlatethan!! I really enjoyed myself - even with all that serious stuff, we had a laugh!
@rebecca - it will be great to see you again! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haia – I evidently missed the naturists. Speaking of which, the shirts are here:

Sorry – ETA here’s a link straight to the shop, rather than just to Tatiana’s post: https://www.zazzle.co.uk/ssiwelsh

3 Likes

Don’t worry about missing the naturists - I think we covered it all again with the windowsill business… :astonished:

3 Likes

Now I’m really disappointed that I couldn’t make it! Sounds fascinating … having said that, I did manage to get the bulk of my Christmas shopping done is the ‘dydd Gwener du’ sales. The first time in my adult life I have done any shipping before about 20tg December I think!

Yes, diolch yn fawr @Betterlatethan @cat-1 @RichardBuck - let’s continue our electric eclectic sgwrs on Tuesday in Ashmole’s caff if you can make it.

Also another quick plug for the Jesus College Carol Service at 6:15 on Thursday and the walk on Saturday which this time will be around the far reaches of Blenheim Palace park.

Bore da pab !

@johnwilliams_6 I am hoping to come to the carol service on dydd Iau. Diolch yn fawr to your contact for the invite. Hedd may be able to come too depending on his work diary and getting to oxford on time. Will let you know.

Do we just arrive at the college gate on Turl Street and walk on in?

Helen

1 Like

That’s great @HelenV-E :slight_smile: Hope to see both of you there then. Yes, you should be able to go straight in although it’s just possible the porter might ask people to sign in first. If there any queries just let the porter know that we’ve been invited to the service by Lois Llywelyn Williams who’s the Caplan of the Cymdeithas Dafydd ap Gwilym and who belongs to Jesus College (Coleg Iesu )

2 Likes

Sorry pawb, bit of a shambles - just realised I can’t make next Tuesday (or next Friday or the following Tuesday for that matter) :disappointed:. So, if you’re planning to be at a meetup on one of those days do please remember to post a quick message before the day.
Hwyl, John

PS Monday or Wednesday this week or next would be possible for me so perhaps an ad hoc meetup on one of those days if you can’t make one of the regular days?

I’m afraid I can’t make any day during the week coming (beginning 27.11.2017). :frowning:

I can’t make tomorrow, but once I’ve pinned down my work for the rest of this week, I’ll hopefully be able to make either Wed or Fri. :pray:

1 Like

Looks like I’m working Wednesday now hefyd, sorry to miss you this week @johnwilliams_6 :slight_frown:
Anybody coming on Friday, then?

1 Like

Dw i’n bwriadu dod ddydd Gwener - I’m planning on coming Friday. (But I’ll probably be late, as usual.)

2 Likes

Looks like I can now make it tomorrow after all as well as Wednesday, but nobody else it seems … :disappointed:
Anyway, glad to see at least @cat-1 and @RichardBuckcan make it on Friday … and @rebecca maybe?

Flippin heck, it’s like a French Farce! Except much more civilised of course :joy:

2 Likes

And trousers still on, unlike a Brian Rix farce. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Most definitely trousers ON!

1 Like