Oxford Welsh learners group

Sorry, it is very unlikely that I will be able to come to either.
Sue

Sori mawr am heddiw!! Have been lurgying substantially since about Wednesday and have lost track of my days! Meant to cry off earlier - still having the odd flu like wobble. I hope you all had a good sgwrs.

2 Likes

Oh dear! Sounds like a bad one - hope the wobbles wobble off into the distance soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

If Thursday 12 noon is now definitely and always in the Royal Blenheim, then hadn’t we better tell @Deborah-SSi? I really must try to make it some day, but I can’t come this week or next.
Sue

2 Likes

Hi everyone! I’d really like to start coming along and chatting to you to start practicing speaking more. Could you keep me posted about meetings? I’ll do my best to come along on Thursday in my lunch break. Laura :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Laura_P_87. It’s great to hear from you. The first time I came, @johnwilliams_6 was kind enough to display a little Welsh flag on the table so that I knew where to go. Now that you have posted on this thread, you should get a notification every time there is a new post. Many of us can’t make it every time, so numbers can be very low. It will be lovely to have you to join us.

We seem to have settled down to 12 noon in the Royal Blenheim on Thursdays and 11:00 at Welsh Mike’s Bap Cafe on Mondays - though you probably can’t get there if you are working. There is also the possibility of walks on Saturday. These are on a different thread.

Sue

2 Likes

Thanks Sue! Looking forward to meeting everyone.
I’ll follow the walks thread too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Laura_P_87 Hope you can make it along sometime - it’s a lovely, friendly group! :smiley:

2 Likes

Stopped wobbling now, diolch! Phew - HORRID! But probably going to have to work Thursday to catch up, so won’t make it. The chips will taunt me from afar…
:fries::disappointed::racehorse:

2 Likes

Just a quick memory jog about the meetup tomorrow (Thurs 3 May) from 12 noon in the Royal Blenheim pub, Pembroke/St Ebbe’s St[quote=“Laura_P_87, post:765, topic:675”]
I’ll do my best to come along on Thursday in my lunch break. Laura :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Hope you’ll be able to make it @Laura_P_87 - I’ll try and remember to display something Welsh so you can spot us easily :slight_smile: As Sue says[quote=“Betterlatethan, post:766, topic:675”]
It will be lovely to have you to join us
[/quote]

Hwyl, John

1 Like

With our surrogate May Day bank holiday looming on Monday it may be that everyone is off doing other stuff, but if not and you’re up for a meetup, do let me know and we’ll advertise it as usual.
Hwyl, John

I am free, unusually for a bank holiday. I could come to the Bap Cafe if anyone else wants to.
Sue

1 Like

Diolch @Betterlatethan I can make it on Monday too, so let’s have a Monday meetup (7 May) as usual from 11am in the Bap Cafe, Abingdon Rd as well as the 12 noon Thursday (10 May) meet-up in the Royal Blenheim pub. Pembroke/St Ebbe’s Street.
As always, all welcome, so dewch yn llu (come in droves)!
Hwyl, John

Not free on Monday, I’m afraid - lots of plantos, and a BBQ instead, but I’m hopeful for Thursday. Wave hello to yourselves and Meic Y Bap from me!:wave:

1 Like

Diolch @cat-1 - enjoy the barbeciw!

Bap cafe closed today

Yes, it was the first day that Mike had had off for 12 weeks according to the sign on the door. Chwarae teg, fair play to him. We went to Browns in the covered market. I would not suggest it as a regular meeting place as it gets a bit noisy, but it was fine as a one-off.

Can anyone make it to the Bap cafe next Monday? @cat-1 if the children are all well? Anyone else?
Sue

1 Like

So, I take it that the Friday noon in the MOMA Café isn’t happening any more? I need to change it in the weekly email, if that’s the case.

Should I remove that and instead put:

12 noon, Thursdays in the Royal Blenheim pub, Pembroke/St Ebbe’s St

11am, Monday’s, Welsh Mike’s Bap Café, Abingdon Rd

Diolch!

1 Like

@johnwilliams_6 Should we ask @Deborah-SSi to do this? It seems reasonably settled now on Thursdays. Is Monday settled enough to go in?
Sue

Diolch yn fawr @Deborah-SSi - as @Betterlatethan says the present arrangment is fairly settled now so, yes, please do amend the weekly email as suggested - that would be great!
Hwyl, John

2 Likes