Oxford Welsh learners group

Unless @RichardBuck or @cat-1 can make it tomorrow (Tuesday 31 October), it looks like I would be talking to myself if I turned up at the Ashmolean Cafe.

(I’ve contacted Richard Williams and Clive Jenkins (who are not on the forum I believe) by email, and neither can make it tomorrow (although Clive hopes to make it on Friday).

@rebecca - for some reason, I have it in the back of my mind that you are unable to come this Tuesday as well (maybe John mentioned it?) - however, if I’m wrong, do shout! :slight_smile:

(Also, I’m not sure if Jo who was at the Ashmolean cafe last Tuesday is on the forum. If so, I don’t know her forum name, and I’d better not just tag a random Jo who might live a zillion miles from Rhydychen… :slight_smile: - but if anyone knows her forum name, and would like to tag her so that she may hopefully reply to this thread, then please do! :slight_smile: ).

Sorry, no, Tuesday morning is not a time I can ever make in term-time. I’m aiming to be there Friday, though.

1 Like

Sorry @mikeellwood - I’m no use today either!
Jo isn’t on the forum, but I will keep her in the loop about meet ups :slight_smile:

1 Like

What ho troops! Who’s coming for a natter tomorrow? :grin:

I am planning to be there.
Sue

1 Like

Hope people had a good meetup on Friday. Just a quick reminder that this coming week there’ll be a meetup from 10:00 in the Ashmolean Museum cafe and the regular Friday meetup as usual from 12:00 in the MOMA cafe - I’m planning on coming along to both so I do hope you can make it.
Hwyl, John

We had a good natter @johnwilliams_6 thank you, although of course we missed you! :slight_smile:
I’ll be there on Tues (hopefully with Jo), but not on Friday this week. :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

I really enjoyed Friday. I can’t come at all next week though. Sorry.
Sue

1 Like

Good to hear the Friday meetup went well. See you @cat-1+/- Jo on Tuesday then (and hopefuly @mikeellwood @rebecca @RichardBuck on Tuesday and/or Friday?). Sorry you can’t make next week @Betterlatethan - hopefully the following week though? Hwyl, John

1 Like

Aiming to be there bore fory. :slight_smile: (Dydd Mawrth)

2 Likes

A last minute reminder that we have a meetup today, Tues 7th, from 10:00 in the Ashmolean Museum cafe - do join us if you can (and a chance to enjoy an excellent slice of cacen/teisen :slight_smile: )
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Late! But on my way! :scream:

There’s another MOMA cafe lunchtime meetup scheduled for this Friday, 10 Nov, but I know @cat-1 @mikeellwood and @Betterlatethan can’t make this one, so do please let me know @rebecca @RichardBuck if you’re planning to be there and anyone else who’s intending to come along (I’l be checking with our forum refuseniks :slight_smile: via email).
Hwyl am y tro, John

2 Likes

Haia – I’m planning to come, but I have a man coming “around lunchtime” to look at a small repair needed on the campervan, so I can’t be certain. If it looks like I’m the only (other) taker we may have to skip this Friday, just in case. Let me know.

Hi @RichardBuck I had an email from Clive saying he’s hoping to be there so there should be three of us at least. Hwyl, John

1 Like

Hwyl pawb!

Just dropping in to say that I hope to be back to normal and enjoying our meet-ups from next week. Half term followed by the usual autumn lurgy put me off kilter.

P.S. I installed Gboard on my phone to replace the awful Samsung keyboard, and it’s great - you can tell it which languages you want to use and it automatically recognises them and switches to Welsh spelling and predictive text :grinning:

3 Likes

Just to confirm that there’ll be another meetup tomorrow, Tues 14th, from 10am in the Ashmolean cafe and, on Friday, the regular lunchtime meet up from 12am in the MOMA cafe
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Hoping to be there tomorrow with Jo too!

2 Likes

Further to our discussion today, the phrase was mewn penbleth - in confusion. Yup! :grin:

2 Likes

Diolch @cat-1 and Jo for yesterday’s Asmolean Cafe ‘sgwrs a hwyl’

There’ll be another meetup from 12:00 on Friday in the MOMA cafe (although, as @cat-1 said yesterday, it’s changed it’s name to Modern Art Oxford so we should now be calling it MAO :slight_smile:). Hwyl, John

2 Likes