Private mesages on forum & changing user name

I haven’t been on the forum for ages (good reasons but you don’t want to know them). I’d like to send a private message to Peter Francis but can’t work out how to do so. Could anyone explain the process for me.
Also, Id like to change my user name but again need instruction.

Thanks
Pat

To send a private message if you click on your profile picture in the top right of the screen you should see an envelope icon. Click on that and you can then add the user name and it will show you a list of matches. select the one you want then create your message and send.

To change username i think you need to message aran.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve tried it so fingers crossed it’s worked.
I find it really disconcerting that ‘send’ isn’t an option, just ‘reply’

Pat

Easier way: if you see Peter Francis’ icon somewhere on the forum, just click on here and as a card opens you’ll see “Message” tab on it. Click it nad it will open messaging pannel directly, however the text of the post you’ve sent message from will be quoted in the PM. Delete it and use your own text instead (if you don’t want quite to appear of course).

For more guidance “how to” on the forum, go to this thread where you can find more or less everything you need. It’s not strange you are a bit “lost” since the software was quite updated in this time and many of the instructions need revision too but they could be helpful anyway.

Oh, and … Croeso nol!:slight_smile:

For the name changing … yes, @petermescall has got it right, you’d need to contact @aran for that.

2 Likes

Thanks Tatjana. I’ve saved that link and I;m sure it will be very useful.

Pat

1 Like