Profile success stories

The Tricider for, “More Learners SUCCEEDING with Welsh” (https://www.tricider.com/admin/3YDXuHiw5C7/83LfFlCMG7r)
Identified, “Profile/stories on blog/social media” as a project to move forwards with.

I’ve made a quick mock-up of how I imagine these profiles could be presented. It’d be great to have more images and possibly videos too, but for now I think it gets the point across;

https://welshlearnerstories.wordpress.com/

I don’t think we have to have a central repository for stories/profiles, the more organic they appear, the better in many ways. But at the same time we need to make a start, and a blog site does offer some structure.

What does everyone think? Can anyone submit a story, with or without images? I’m probably not the best editor long term, but I’m happy to collate stories for now.

1 Like

I think this is a great idea - and maybe a combination of ‘submitting own stories’ and having some volunteer editors to interview/write up would be powerful…

1 Like

Yes, I agree.

My story is a place holder really, not particulary inspiring, but we need to start somewhere. If we add a number of stories, then ask people to review them, and suggest improvements, then in a way we are crowdsourcing editing.

If anyone else thinks this is worthwhile, could you send me your own story to add? It doesn’t have to be amazingly fantastically wonderful (although if it is that is fine), just something to start working with.

1 Like

@Deborah-SSi - could we newsletter this? Maybe a couple of times? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely! What a good idea!

2 Likes

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

I have just added our first user submitted story… ‘Ann’s re-learning story’ https://welshlearnerstories.wordpress.com/

Big thanks to Ann Jones for her contribution! :+1:

If anyone else has a story to tell, please post here or contact me directly.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

This looks superb - llongyfarchiadau mawr, Warren! Can we give this a few plugs in the email, @Deborah-SSi? :slight_smile: :star: :star2:

2 Likes

Definitely! I think it’s been in once already, but I’ll keep giving it a plug each time someone adds another story. Very interesting reading!

2 Likes

Hi Warren – I’d love to join in. How do I send it to you?

Hi Scarlett, Thanks for getting in touch. I’ve PM’d you my email address. If anyone else would like to get in touch, please post here, or send me a private message. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Huge thanks to everyone who has contributed so far! :slight_smile: :+1:

Now we’ve got a few stories on the site, I’m starting to see what sort of material we need. So for future contributions it would be good if you could please consider including…

1. A bit about you, where you live (roughly), where you are from etc
  2. Some text about what motivated you to start learning
  3. What motivated you to carry on going.
  4. Some high points, that you consider your biggest learning/speaking successes or breakthroughs.
  5. What speaking Welsh means to you.
  6. How speaking Welsh improves your life.

It’s NOT essential that you include all of these points, but one or two would be good. I’m looking for between 500 and 1000 words or thereabouts.

If anyone else has read any of the profiles, and can make any other suggestions on what to include in future contributions, please post your suggestions here!

Many thanks!

2 Likes

This would be a good fit for the email, wouldn’t it, @Deborah-SSi? :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’re starting to build up a few stories on the site now :clap::+1:

Take a look and feel free to let me know what you think…

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Inspirational. Thank you.

1 Like

Fantastic - hugely inspirational :star: :star2: