Progress for a Yorkshireman

Folks

I am particularly challenged here as a Yorkshireman living in Bedfordshire and trying to learn Welsh!

I have completed lessons 1-19 of Course 1 and really enjoyed it. The question is should I continue and complete course 1 or start on level 1?

Advice appreciated

Thanks

Rich

2 Likes

I’m sorry, don’t understand me wrong, please. I’m not the mod or admin here, but there’s no need you put two same topics into practically same category. Welsh is the main category and “General/Questions” is subcategory which is seen by all members and in which you already posted Level 20 course 1 or level 1 course?, which is exactly the same.

Hope you find good advise in the other one topic you’ve set up in “General/Questions” category.

Pob lwc and best wishes. So far you do superb work according to what you’ve just posted.

1 Like

Hello. My humble apologies. I haven’t done this to upset anyone. I’m just not very good with this kind of thing and thought I had posted it in the wrong place. Feedback accepted. Thanks.

1 Like

No problem. For the knowledge if this “wrong category” occurs again, you can just leave it like it is and one would edit the category. So no panic at all when this happens.

And, you didn’t upset anyone, don’t worry. I’m just always willing to help with those tech stuff as I know people might not be familiar with (some of) them. Even I (almost glued on here) don’t know and am not familiar with everything … :slight_smile:

So, no panic (or anythng like this) needed in deed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you.

In all honesty this is why people like me avoid doing this. I wasn’t sure whether or how to post but thought I would give it a go. It just seems if you don’t get it right then people are not slow to tell you.

Best not try it again.

The idea here is to try and progress so don’t avoid, try again and laugh at your mistakes.
Believe me i have been here for 4 years and still goof at times.

Cheers J.P.

6 Likes

I agree with John. Please don’t hesitate to post questions. I little goof here and there is not a big deal.

5 Likes

Hi Rich, this is not necessarily advice but what I did. I finished Course 1 then did Level 1. As long as you are doing something, I think that is what matters. & keep posting to the forum if you have questions. Dal ati!

4 Likes

Absolutely DO post again! No one minds. Better to post and get the answers you need than not at all! Not sure if you have posted before but welcome to the forum and BIG Congratluations for getting so far! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve sent you a PM.

And once again, I meant no harm… :blush: :sun_with_face: (I was obviously understood wrong (again). I’m sorry.)

5 Likes

Alternatively, you could think of it as ‘if you don’t get it right then people are not slow to help you’… :sunny:

3 Likes

Diolch. That’s what I had in mind but it was understood rather either way. :sunny:

2 Likes

That would be a shame. For fear of repeating what everyone else had said, no-one here will ever try to embarrass you or tell you off for making mistakes. In fact, the SSi philosophy is that mistakes are a vital part of the learning process. Honestly, you won’t find a warmer, friendlier community anywhere on the Internet.

I’m sure I can speak for the others when I say that we’d hate for you to think you were unwelcome because you were still finding your feet on the forum. It can be confusing and takes a little getting used to at first, but everyone here is willing to help, if you let them. :smile:

6 Likes

Thanks to all for the replies. Hopefully I will be around for a while yet - whether I get it right or not!
Cheers
Rich

6 Likes

I lived in York as a kid from '52-'56 and in sniffy Harrogate from '69-'72 and I’m sure you’re not really as easily put off by a little glitch!! Croeso! I agree that Level 1 is a good place to go, but I’m not a typical SSiW’er so take anything I say with a dollop of halen!! :wink: