Pump am y Penwythnos / Friday Five 15/02/2019 5️⃣

Bore da!

How are you all today? It’s a bright, yet fresh day here with obvious signs of spring everywhere. I hope you have an interesting and fulfilling weekend ahead.

1. I was treated to a reflexology session this morning as part of my sister in law’s training programme to be a qualified reflexologist. If you could take time out to indulge in any kind of treatment, what would you chose and why?

2. (+3+4) The great tit’s calls during the mating season are so distinctive and so energising and are suddenly filling the garden every day. For me it marks the beginnings of spring, as Halloween costumes mark the start of winter and the erecting of the tree with a glass of port in hand mark the beginning of the Christmas festivities. Which rituals or natural occurrences mark the beginnings of all the seasons for you?

• Spring/Gwanwyn:
  • Summer/Haf:
  • Autumn/Hydref:
  • Winter/Gaeaf:
  1. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…
2 Likes
  1. ooooh - a reflexology session, definitely something I’d choose too. Sooooo relaxing.

2. Beginning of Spring/Gwanwyn: the first snowdrops appearing
    Beginning of Summer/Haf: bluebells in the woods
    Beginning of Autumn/Hydref: seeing bales of hay in the fields
    Beginning of Winter/Gaeaf: The Snowdonia Marathon event - always the day before the clocks go back.

3. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…
    Which single yearly event do you look forward to the most? For me, it’s the Spring Equinox.

1 Like

How are you all today? It’s a bright, yet fresh day here with obvious signs of spring everywhere.

We were lucky enough to have a similar day here. I was due to go out Nordic Walking with a relatively new group that’s formed (although I know the leader of the group well). I’ve been away from group NW for a good while now, and was wanting to get back into it, and this was the perfect day on which to start, and a nice start to the weekend.

1. I was treated to a reflexology session this morning as part of my sister in law’s training programme to be a qualified reflexologist. If you could take time out to indulge in any kind of treatment, what would you chose and why?

I had a series of sessions with an osteopath some while back, to see if he could help with a problem with my knee. He was very good and I enjoyed the sessions, and wouldn’t mind going again. Other than that, I’ve never had a really good therapeutic massage, and would like to try that.

2. (+3+4) The great tit’s calls during the mating season are so distinctive and so energising and are suddenly filling the garden every day. For me it marks the beginnings of spring, as Halloween costumes mark the start of winter and the erecting of the tree with a glass of port in hand mark the beginning of the Christmas festivities. Which rituals or natural occurrences mark the beginnings of all the seasons for you?

• Spring/Gwanwyn:
  • Summer/Haf:
  • Autumn/Hydref:

My answers to those are the same as @siaronjames :slight_smile:

• Winter/Gaeaf:

Don’t really have one…well, buying a new set of long johns, perhaps. :slight_smile:

5. Make up your own Friday Five question and answer it…

Plans for the weekend?

Hoping to go Nordic Walking again on Sunday morning, and hoping the weather holds.
I should probably cut the grass, also, but that would only make it rain, so…nah! :slight_smile:

2 Likes
  1. I’m going to go for reflexology too - just too good, and I can’t think of anything better.
  2. Gwanwyn - I start being late for everything because it’s lighter in the evening.
    Haf - Polo lorries trundling up and down the drive and the distant sound of people galloping about like loonies. Also the smell of the grass warming up first thing in the morning.
  3. Hydref - No more polo lorries trundling about, and instead of warm grass, the whiff of woodsmoke in the air. Blackberries, conkers and the need to wear a snood.
  4. Gaeaf - The need to wear two snoods. And many socks.
  5. Along the lines of @siaronjames 's question - I LOVE the beginning of May. I wait for the Hawthorn to flower and just love it when all the little trees and hedges burst out in white buds. When I was little someone told me about mischievous fairies who would play tricks on you on May 1st unless you wore something green to honour them. I still do it to this day, and I make sure the kids have something green on too. You can never be too careful with fairies.
6 Likes

1. If you could take time out to indulge in any kind of treatment, what would you chose and why?
I think it would be a one to one yoga session.

2. (+3+4) Which rituals or natural occurrences mark the beginnings of all the seasons for you?

• Spring/Gwanwyn: - I LOVE birds, I feed throughout the year and have seven nesting boxes in the garden. Watching their activity change towards the beginning of February, seeing certain species return to visiting daily and hearing their calls change - it’s magical!

• Summer/Haf: - The kids being free from school and spending days playing in the stream above the house with snacks and books. watching sunset from the top of the small hill behind the stream. listening to the cuckoo. Being able to use the sunroom, cleaning out the barbecue!

• Autumn/Hydref: - Blackberry picking, the changing colour of the Japanese Maple and all kinds of fungus.

• Winter/Gaeaf: - Planning for Christmas, stocking up on coal, buying brandy.

1 Like