Sgwrs 23 - Advanced Content - Spoiler Alert!

Hi all - this week a Gog who says ‘gedru’! A mix of medru and gallu - yes, it’s a thing. She talks about jewellery making, weightlifting and working for an MP…

5 Likes

Hi Beca. I’ve been trying to find Nia’s shop on Etsy, but I’m obviously not understanding what to look for. The shop number doesn’t seem to get me anywhere.

Would you be able to post a link, of perhaps a photograph? Her description of her process is fascinating, but I can’t visualise the end result.

3 Likes

Annoying how Loti the dog understands more than me.

Having said that we did meet a dog who couldn’t understand English (admittedly that was in France).

I wonder how many different languages a dog could learn.

2 Likes

Hiya, here it is - www.etsy.com/shop/Perthyn

1 Like

Here’s an example

2 Likes

Apparently there’s a book on teaching your dog Welsh! :dog:

3 Likes

Thank you! They’re lovely. Very glad to see I more or less correctly interpreted the reference to Welsh blankets. And I might be in the market for a Mother’s Day present. :slight_smile:

My goodness, Nia talks fast though. Even after reading the trawsgriff there are still whole sections where I just cannot catch the individual words as they fly past. I’d swear Aran and Catrin at double speed are slower. It’s making me very nervous about the prospects of understanding anything ‘in the wild’ when I come to Caernarfon in May :grimacing:

2 Likes

Even faster than me…?! Some would disagree…!
The necklaces are lovely aren’t they.

1 Like

Nothing is that quick Beca but you don’t get chance for much of a run up in this one… :running_woman:

…ond mae’n hedfan heibio - onid ydy? :grimacing:

By accident last week I discovered how much better I could hear what was said using my Bluetooth headphones and not driving at the same time (which is NOT the same as understanding it)… :smile:

…so, I’m trying a little experiment this week and listening over - I haven’t looked at the transcript yet…

I will have to eventually of course!!

( I wonder what a pug crossed with an eagle :eagle: looks like - I swear the ‘b’ has gone missing on the recording! :smile: )

I am becoming convinced that once you can understand these conversations fairly directly you have absolutely made it :smile:

I wonder when that will be ?!

Rich :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So now we have killer bees and pug/eagle crosses!! :flushed:

2 Likes

It definitely did sound like eagle! I was trying to work out if it was mutation in action, or if ugl (or maybe gugl??) was a Welsh name for a breed of dog :confused:

2 Likes

Yep, I think this week at least she had you beat!

2 Likes

I must fight to regain my crown!!!

1 Like

Aaarrgghh! Don’t try too hard! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Just heard the voice of the pug-eagle! :astonished:
Now trying to stop laughing and focus on the sgwrs! :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re going to love this week’s Sgwrs! He talks very clearly and slowly! And a fascinating topic too… :blush:

2 Likes

…and how about you?! :skier:

1 Like

Imstillexactlythesameaseverjusttobeconsistent! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Iseewithabsolutelynogapsbetweenthewordslikewhenyouaretalking?! :smile: :wink: (jôc wrth gwrs )

Rich :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yuptiwedideallyniawn!! :joy:

2 Likes