Simple Question from Glynis Sigrist 6MWS (Level 1)

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

diolch am ateb fy nghwestiwn

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr

1 Like

Listen to Answer to Glynis by ChrissyNJ #np on #SoundCloud

2 Likes

Diolch Christina

Here I am (after a huge a while) with my answer to your question.

I hope I’m excused from your name being said a bit awkwardly. Now that I listen again I feel I didn’t pronunce it too well though.

1 Like

Dywedasoch hi’n berffaith (You said it perfectly) Da Iawn.

2 Likes

I think what I said is wrong. I was trying to say had a good time but think I said I did a good time! Would somebody please correct me Diolch yn fawr Emma

That’s a moment to celebrate - when you spot your own mistakes! Llongyfarchiadau!

What you need is “Ges i amser da”, but you were very close and everyone would understand what you meant.

2 Likes

Would “Dw i wedi cael…” be correct too?

I’m not sure for what reason but “cael” is one of my favourites when saying I’ve got something but as always (oh, well, many times) I could be totally wrong in using it this way though.

I would say so, though to me there’s a subtle difference in timing - Ges i amser da (I had a good time) could be anytime in the past, but Dw i wedi cael amser da (I’ve had a good time), I would expect to hear just after the event, e.g. to the host on leaving a party,

2 Likes

OK. At least on one thing I’m on the right track. :slight_smile: Thank you @Deborah-SSi

To be honest I’m using “cael” a lot and I was not sure (and am not even now) if always in the right context at the right time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cael has a few different uses, so you’re probably fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes