Slack android issues

Hi having problems installing slack app on my android phone. When I go to Google to download it keeps saying app not available in your region. I live on Wales.

@jamesmahoney - you’re on the ball with Android - is this a hiccup you’ve come across before? Maybe something to do with region settings? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know what the “AppGallery” app is. My guess is that it’s a set of apps managed by the phone manufacturer and they haven’t made Slack available.

What happens if you visit the Google Play Store page for Slack on your phone?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Slack&hl=en_GB

2 Likes

I think App Gallery is an annoying Huawei thing.

1 Like

I’m not big on app stores, so I probably just loaded Slack from their site as I would on a laptop.

Having said that, I do the same with SSi. I use the website rather than the app on my phone.

Edit - Having just read my own post, I don’t want to give the wrong impression. I did use the SSiW App on my previous phone and would like to say thanks for all the work that was put into developing the App.

2 Likes

Diolch am helpu.
I’ve got slack working on my phone but I might be joined up to North American groups. I’m just trying to get my head around it.

1 Like

There’s just one channel for that, I think - it doesn’t matter all that much if you can or can’t see it, as long as you can see the others… :slight_smile:

1 Like