Stagglers

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say i know i may not post or speak much on Y fforwm but i do read and check in, i love the emails btw! And i do practice my welsh almost everyday on duolingo and the learncymraeg app but i dont know why i feel a bit intimaded by SSIW, maybe because it offers more of a challenge? But i read on another post that i didnt have to do 30 minutes straight so i think im going to try that now.

5 Likes

Welcome to the lovely world of SSIW!
I’ll let you into a little secret. Nobody actually knows how long you spend on a lesson. And there is a pause button, if it all gets too much. Another, possibly more important fact, is that you absolutely do not have to be 100% correct before you move onto the next lesson. It’s called spaced repetition for a reason, and the difficult things in this lesson will not be so difficult three or four lessons down the road.
Give it a go, as you say.

4 Likes

Hello and croeso to the forum.

You’re on the right spot at the ringt time. This is the place whre absolutely nothing is must do thing. You go with your own pace and as much of the day as you feel like to go. And besides: we’re a large bunch of people always ready and prepared to help if something doesn’t fit in Cymraeg regarding.

Give it a go and you’ll see for yourselves. If something bothers you, here you are to ask. Not even one question is too strange or even stupid to ask so go ahead when you feel like you need help or just some answers to your wonderings.

Croeso yma unwaith eto!
Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do the lessons on my commute to work in the morning or evening. I put the lessons on a CD that I have in my car. I use the pause button as needed. And sometimes I am only able to get in 10 minutes or so at a time, and that works out great.

I was about half way through Level 1 when I had to stop and take courses for work for nearly 6 months. I went back a month or so ago and started over. I found that I only needed to play each lesson once before going on. I had actually remembered the lessons. I’m now caught up and ready to move on.

So I find it’s easy to break up the lessons into smaller pieces. For some people it may be even better. There’s less to try to remember at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the advice! After reading these I feel silly about being overwhelmed😅
I downloaded cymru Fyw recently any suggestions on what I should be reading/ listening to? I like the radio feature!

1 Like