Tatjana - progress reports

Yes, it will. :sunny:

And if you’ve now found that faith, it will keep you going through the hard times :star: :star2:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn @aran. Hope hard times will not come so quickly though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did Vocab lesson 7 of Course 1 today and I can be prety satisfied with the outcome - 58 % correct but I have a question now which bothers me already for quite a long time but now i finally have enough of these wonderings …

Where to put “i” infront of the verb and where not?

For example in the lesson it’s said “Mae’n amser mynd ond mae hi ddim wedi dihuno.”
I’m constantly saying “Mae’n amser i fynd ond mae hi ddim wedi dihuno”.

Oh, but I just got the idea that there’s no “i” in the sentence because there’s no subject after the verb and there’s no “mend i” thingy in it either. Do I think in right direction?

You’d hear plenty of people say that too… :sunny:

It’s usually a bit easier to think of ‘i’ with the word in front of it - so ‘mynd i’, for example - but of course it doesn’t map neatly to English, so it’s one of those that will only really come from exposure (lots of listening, lots of talking) :sunny:

Happy songs are happiness-making, no matter what language-- the more the merrier. It made me happy.

Of course, no Welsh choir can resist the profound beauty of a minor key–it is in the blood, but there are happy songs too… There must be…

Calling all Welsh singers who ‘canu yn aml’, let’s have a list, or websites, or artists we can follow… Those of us less steeped in the culture, ancient or modern, have some happy homework to do :smiley:

Diolch Tatjana for starting this off and making my day.

1 Like

@MarilynHames you already have the topic “Welsh music”. Will edit this post to add a link later as I’m in the middle of something right now. In the mean time you can also cruise forum and find it for yourself. There are many good songs inthere, Plenty to listen to.

Happy listening.

EDIT

Added a link to the topic.

2 Likes

Got it! Diolch eto Tatjana. It is great to have a guide like you when everything is so newydd I fi :footprints:

1 Like

No problem @MarilynHames.

1 Like

I’m really glad your pushing through those road blocks and making time to chat to people in Cymraeg @tatjana .
I’m going to have to pluck up the courage once I’ve finished the next level. It’s funny, I can present to 500 people without breaking a sweat, but I get quite shy when talking to people one on one (even in English!). I’ll have to break out of my comfort zone if I want to improve later down the line.

Keep up the good work and thanks for always encouraging us newbies :smile:

Thanks to @aran too for always reminding everyone to believe in themselves when things get tough.

3 Likes

I rather not think what huge amount of belief he had to put in me … Happily enough I was determined enough, despite my moaning and sometimes mean attitude towards all, to push further and obay @aran’s instructions no matter I sometimes didn’t quite believe this could work. Endless gratitude from my end for his effort which could never be entirely repaid.

And here were all the rest, who kept me convincing I’m doing well, I can speak, I am able to speak Cymraeg with others … Even if I didn’t want to admit it, they kept me believing in myself deep inside me. I could write one big bolded DIOLCH across the whole forum and it would never be big enough.

For the return I’m glad that now I also can encourage people, get them to push on, never denying my mistakes and bad attitude, convincing others not to do the same mistakes I did.

So, you’re welcome @chris and you’re welcome all the rest who find encouragment and inspirations in my posting whtsoever. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

O_o @elizabeth_j_corbett_ … I don’t really know why I’ve missed the dates but I was 100 % sure you’ve written you’d be at home form 7 October on … Oh, now I’ve missed everything and messea everything at the same time … I’m sorry … After tomorrow <you probably are not at home at the evenings anymore, are you? Oh, and …“home” is still UK, ksn’t it?

No Tatiana. The fault is with me. I am hopeless with dates. Added to which I have very poor WIFI at the moment. :frowning: Do you want to try this Tuesday 10th? At what time? You let me know. I’m going to try to private message you my email address.

1 Like

YAY! Mae @elizabeth_j_corbett_ yn yma! :smiley:

I’ve added you on skype on the basis of your Skype name you’ve provided here already so you just have to confirm sharing info yet. Tuesday 10th would be fine, why not but evening is my time unfortunately - at 7pm my time (if you’re still in UK then 6 pm your time) or then at 9 pm my time (8 pm UK time). You tell what more suits you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about 8pm my time?

I have been sending messages to someone on Skype who I thought was you! Can you private message me your Skype details?

Let’s see who that was. I’m not online at the moment or I could be shown as I am as I have Skype on tablet and on computer.

EDIT
I definately did not get messages but I’ve sent you Skype request. I appear as tatjanaprelog or Tatjana Prelog KnightGhost, my skype email thoughttalking(at)hotmail.com

Can it be you have two acounts (which are not connected) and you are not even aware of?

Hi Tatiana,

I’m looking on my IPad and my MacBook. I don’t have a contact request and. Yes, I’ve been sending requests to the wrong person. I’ll try again with the details provided.

I have just sent a request to Tatjana Prelog with a picture of yellow tulips? It looks like you!

O, no … the picture is the same as on my SSi profile. You couldn’t miss it. I’m tatjanaprelog written together

On a screenshot you can see my profile picture and that I’ve re-sent you the request according to data you’ve provided here in thsi topic.

Well, here we are. My week off is over and I am trying to make a wrap on it. What to say? There was no particular activities in Cymraeg direction regarding listening, watching etc. I’ve listened to some music on radio and SoundCloud but nothing more and I did vocab lesson every day except yesterday and today. Today I’ve listened (only listened though) to Lesson 25 of Course 2 and the purpose of it was searching for the differences inbetween Cymraeg gog and Cymraeg de in order to prepare a bit for a kind of special conversation vis Skype. But about this a bit later …

This week was extra rich with Skype conversations and I can be only happy for this. I’ve had conversations with @stella, @margaretnock, @brigitte twice (one (now I already can say this) regular and one out of schedule :slight_smile: ) and with @ramblingjohn just about an hour or so ago. Every session was about an hour long and in most of them about an hour of Cymraeg was spoken so I can be satisfied.

Each and every conversation was different and interesting but it almost never was in a range of lessons but rather beyond this which many times caused me a challenge (but I’m usually guilty to get off track - hehe), what is also not just good but very good (umm … well … as long as you can still pear into gairadur once or twice on a session because you just didn’t learn the word yet) …

Each and every one of those I’ve sponek to, have their own way of conversing and with each of them I could talk about different things so I can say I practically didn’t “ymarfer” but rather had a proper chat (mostly) in Cymraeg almost similar to one I could have in a cafe sitting with someone at the table with the cup of coffee (yah, you can have whatever I’m always for coffee though) and talk.

The conversation with @ramblingjohn was but something special because I wanted to ask him so many things we both didn’t learn yet but just didn’t have enough of vocabulary to do so. So we decided we’d siarad next month again and I hope our conversations would become those on a regular basis in which we can learn from each other …

I admit I was a bit awkward today as I all of a sudden forgot even words I should know already but it will surely go smoother and smoother every next time. It might very well be I’ve invented some new structures which actually don’t exist in Cymraeg in wish to be understood in what I wanted to say. …

I hope I and @elizabeth_j_corbett_ (@elizabeth_jane) will manage to establish skype “connection” for our sgwrs tomorrow. I find her as way advanced learner so it might be there will be moments of silence from me in conversation again, but surely not as much silence as I provided in first ever conversation with Margaret. In comparison with conversation with @aran, Aran’s one was rain of words against that first one with Margaret, really. :slight_smile: Why (really) I was silent that time, I really don’t know now. - hehe

So, back to work tomorrow, some listening to Cymraeg stuff on the bus and vocab lesson at the evening + conversation with Elizabeth is tomorrow’s plan but you never know what more can unexpectedly be added to this schedule. :slight_smile:

Thank you all for taking your time and talking with me and I’m sorry if I might disapoint someone as one would maybe think I’m more advanced learner then I appeared to be when having the conversation.

Diolch yn fawr iawn i chi bawb!
Hwyl!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Tatjana, I’m very happy for you about how much you seem to be using your Cymraeg. I can’t help but think what a blessing skype is, really, it’s able to connect us with people from all over the world and let us use the language that we’re learning even though we don’t live in the country where it’s spoken. I’m very happy that you’re talking to so many new people, even advanced learners! I’m a big fan of ramblingjohn’s photography and his knowledge of some specific areas of the Welsh vocabulary:)

4 Likes