The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread đŸ—ș

David - in your “preferences” where it gives your username (davidjones_6) is there a little black pencil beside it? If so, that is how you change it - click on the pencil to edit.

That option is only available to mods and admins.

Ah, I wondered if that was the case. Looks like mods could edit someone else’s name, but I’m sure that would create all kinds of confusion!

Hi Sionned
Did you get my message at 150 of this thread?
I have not had a reply and do not know how to access the map. I am really struggling to find my way around the forum.
Mary

I am not usually a person to be able to help anyone with anything technical, but for the map, look at the top of the page where it says FAQ. That stands for “Frequently Asked Questions”. Click it and you’ll see a heading for the Map. Click that and there you are!! Hope this helps!! In general for technical help, the real wizard from Slovenia is @tatjana :exclamation:

2 Likes

Diolch @henddraig but I still have a lot to learn 

Might be suitable to put the link to the maps in “Really useful stuff topic”. I’ll do that but in the mean time 
 @henddraig did just superb job. :slight_smile:

However, to make thngs easier for you all (as I always tend to do so 
) here’s the direct link: The Map area of SITE FAQ

Note: If the system tends to throw you elswhere then to Welsh section if you click on FAQ when you’re on the forum page you’ll not be redirected to the right FAQ page and will need some more clicks to come there at least this occurs to those who have new page design but I presume for those with the old leyout the things are not much different. So always take a look if you’re on the Welsh part of the site before searching for the Map button at the top.

EDIT:
Just to remind you that many useful stuff related to this forum and some general ones you can get in Really useful ‘How to’ stuff and other great posts which is pinned in "General/Question subcategory of the “Welsh” part of the forum. You can find link to the maps there now too.

Happy exploring!

1 Like

Hey Sionned
I hope you are well.

I would greatly appreciate it if you wouldn’t mind adding me to the map when you get a chance.

I live in Ruimsig, Roodepoort, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.

Many thanks in advance have a great day further.
Cheer - Chris

1 Like

Hi Sionned !
Can you add me, too? I’m in Roanne, France. Diolch !

1 Like

Hi Sioned,

I am unable to see international flags on the map. Is that correct?

I would love to see flags in the Benelux. :slight_smile: please pop a champagne glass for me in Zaltbommel, the netherlands.

I would love to start a live practise group up over here.

Warm wishes,

Elkie

1 Like

If you’re looking for pins elsewhere than Britain, be sure you’re looking on the “Rest of the World” map. It’s the third one down on the maps page. You may need to give it a bit to finish loading. You’ll find a number of flags in the Netherlands and Belgium, and we seem to already have you on the map. Enjoy! :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for adding me, Sionned !

How do you find anybody on the map in, say, North America? Or Wales? The map is covered with pins.

If you double-click on the map, you zoom in, and the different markers are more easily separated (although you’ll need to zoom in a fair bit in some of our more populous areas). :sunny:

Why did I never do this? Please could you add me at CF62 6SJ. Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

[quote=“netmouse, post:166, topic:1118”]
Why did I never do this?[/quote]
Good question! But you have now been added in Timbuk 
 er, I mean, Barry! :blush:

2 Likes

I beg your pardon!?! :wink:

1 Like

Hi Sionned !
When you get a chance, could you change my regular map icon to a ‘paying member’ one?
Absolutely no rush on this !! Diolch yn fawr iawn ! [Roanne, France]

1 Like

Hello Sionned,

Could you please add me to the map? I am in Puerto Madryn, Argentina.

Diolch.

Sibila

2 Likes

Hi, Sibila! Puerto Madryn is actually one of the few places in South America I’ve actually been!

1 Like

Hi Folks, please add me to the Google map of learners. I’m in Weston-Super-Mare. Diolch yn fawr, Chris.

2 Likes