The 'Please add me to the SSiW map' thread 🗺

To find the map(s), click on the “FAQ” at the top of the page, then click “Map” in the white sub-menu just below the dark bar at the top. That will take you to the map page, which has four maps on it - Wales only, UK & Ireland (outside of Wales), Rest of the World, and a map of regular meeting places. You can zoom in and out one the chosen map using the + or - in the lower right corner of each map, or look at the list of names on the map by clicking on the ‘menu’ symbol (stack of three lines) in the upper right corner of the map. The names are in alphabetical order. If you want to see where one of the names is located, click on the name in the list and it will zoom in so you can see the marker and point it out to you. If it is in a crowd of markers so you can’t really see, try zooming in some more, and then clicking the name again.

2 Likes

Diolch Sionned

Hi Sionned

I would like to be added to the SSIW map

lestaylor and I live in llanvapley which is 4 miles to the east of Abergavenny
Thanks

Hi Sionned. Can you add me to the map please. I started the course in January, learning as I drive. Thank you so much for putting together such a great course. My postcode is WV8 1LY.

1 Like

Another Newbie. I am in Tancredston, Hayscastle, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire SA62 5PX. Thank you. Ali x

1 Like

Hi @Sionned are you perhaps so kind and change my name on the map to say only “Tatjana” (KnightGhost) instead of this:

This all appears a bit too long and messy. :slight_smile: My forum name is “Tatjana” now anyway. :slight_smile:

Diolch yn fawr iawn.

I tried to go to the map to see if I’d updated my address when I moved. Clicking the FAQ on the top bar just takes me to the SSi Latin page! The FAQ on the little white lines at the top right does lead to an FAQ page, but I can’t find a link to the map.

Under top black bar you have one more white bar on FAQ page and one of the tabs says “Map”.

And the language must be chosen as “Welsh” of course otherwise you don’t have the FAQ page which you want and on which the link to map would be on.

Happy exploring! :slight_smile:

Ahh! Got it now. Thanks, Tatjana. If I select welsh from the Latin page I can get to the map page. Don’t know why it was going to the Latin page though, I’ve only ever done welsh!
Sionned, please can you move and rename my marker. I was hollyberry on Walney Island. I am now in Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12. Thank you :slight_smile:

Ahh, don’t worry. I’m always put to Cornish for who knows what reason, but I’ve got used to it and I first check where I am before wanting something from the page.

One day when I am able to (finally) speak at least a bit fluently Cymraeg I might go to study Cornish too. Who knows what lies ahead of us yet … :slight_smile:

Hi Sionned, I am brand new to all of this and am not even sure how to ask questions etc on the forum.
I would love to be added to the map. I live in the City of Worcester and am looking for others in my area that are learning welsh.
Thank you
Lesley Pike

2 Likes

Hi Sionned. Could you please add me to the map. I’m in Christchurch Dorset. Many Thanks, Colin.

1 Like

Hi Sionned
Could you add me to the map as well please? I’m in Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor LL57 2PW. (New member). Diolch

Me too, please, in Pontiets, Carmarthenshire. Thanks.

I’m not sure if I’m already on the map (in Lancaster), but can I be moved/added to Sale, Cheshire? Finished uni and heading out into the world! (But not too far!)

2 Likes

Hi Sionned could you add me to the map please, Basingstoke. Diolch yn fawr

Elinor

Hallo Sionned, Just recently registered, I’m in Auerbach in Germany (Saxony) quite close to the border with Czechland. Thanks, Caledonian

1 Like

Hey Sioned, could you add me to the map? I’m at ~Blacktown just a bit west of Sydney, NSW, Australia.

Hey Sionned, could you please add me to the map? I’m in Melbourne, Australia. Thanks.

Hi Sionned, could you please add me. I’m in Northampton NN13QE. Diolch