The SSi Growth Club

I beg to differ, with due respect!

2 Likes

Typically very (over)generous ! What I was trying to describe is the temporary (hopefully) disheartening feeling you get when you realise the size of the gap. It’s followed me throughout my musical life. What usually happens next is the thought, 'hang on, I can see how that works, I’ll try xyz etc. ) That often leads to a leap forward which is why I think the sgwrsiau are such a valuable learning tool. I’m going through this process again as my mate has just chucked a manusciript on Deleuze and meta-ethics at me. Aaaaaaaarrrghhh! :grinning:

2 Likes

We’ll have Level 3 ready for you next year, and then we’ll be on to the big 4k project… that should help you crack it… :sunny:

4 Likes

Gwych, diolch!The big thing I’m hoping to crack is a getting a more natural conversational style. So, that’s why the sgwrs sets such a great example.

You know the end of Anweledig’s Dawns y Glaw? I want to stop sounding like the woman announcer😀

2 Likes

??? (if I’m not too curious :slight_smile: )

:sunny:

8 Likes

Oh diolch yn fawr iawn! How\where did I miss this bit? :smile:

1 Like

This the Holy Grail, the "mother"of all conversational language fluency breakthroughs. I have not seen anything like this capability anywhere else (via conversational dialogues that is). Typically the market seems to offer about 1,000 or usually fewer words after completing courses of three levels.

The incentive is there, of course, as we are assured that Sainthood does normally follow Beatification - with at least a 12 month gap - time enough perhaps to crack the 4k project.

Justin

4 Likes

Although I’m as excited about and looking forward to the “4k project” as much as anyone, I’d suggest (and remind myself) that there is of course no need to wait for it before hoovering up as many new words as possible, from wherever. And SSiW makes it relatively easy to start using them right away as soon as we come across them, because we already have most if not all of the structures we need to fit them into. You/we might be surprised how many words you/we have picked up along the way, in addition to those taught explicitly by SSiW.

4 Likes

I agree - SSi will be the first organisation to take learners to full conversational fluency. Everyone markets the idea of mastering a language. SSi will be the first to truly deliver. I suspect that 2,000 to 2,500 words will do it and even that is about twice the reach of anyone else. But 4,000 twords hat’s really ambitious and epic. Great Vision.

Justin

4 Likes

Music to my ears, Justin, diolch o galon - because that is exactly what the goal has always been… :sunny:

3 Likes

Ahem - sorry - I think we missed last week, didn’t we?!

But 11 is now up and waiting for you - and we’ll try and get 12 ready for tomorrow to make up for last week… :sunny:

3 Likes

Yes we did … :slight_smile:

Does it mean @CatrinLliarJones’ health is better (and voice particularly)?

Ah, yes, I know … I hear you saying “Go and listen and you’ll hear/know.” …

OK! I’m running there to download! :slight_smile:

EDIT

Just listened and downloaded. I didn’t understand much but to my delight I’ve established you could go with this talk on and on and on … :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry but those graphics just have to have a song with them…
Keep on Running

[SIZE=30]YAY! [/SIZE]

I love this song! :slight_smile: Diolch!

1 Like

Unfortunately not - actually recorded these a few days ago…

Oh, I’m sad to hear this. Hope she gets well soon.

1 Like

Dal i rhedeg. (a recording Yn cymraeg Mike!!).

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

And #012 is up and ready for you - sorry, really meant to do that on Friday - but we’ll try and squeeze another one in this week to finish catching up…:wink:

3 Likes

Dw i’n hwyr iawn i barti, ond o’n i isio helpu chdi :pound: :slight_smile:

Diolch yn fawr iawn iawn am SSiW (a SSi!) a Blwyddyn Newydd dda!

(Mae dal rhaid i mi gofio Y Treigladau!)

3 Likes