The SSi Growth Club

@netmouse sent you a PM! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yay! #31 published today - some rambling about books - with a request please not to mind that Catrin sounds as though she’s on some very heavy duty drugs - she’s just a bit on the tired side!

And #32 recorded today - I’ll get the transcript done for that by Monday… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Since @CatrinLliarJones and I are doing some photograph challenge on Facebook of posting one photo of nature each day and her photos are awesome!!! here could be one chat about photographing, photos etc, etc … I bet 5 minutes wouldn’t be enough when she is challenged properly to talk about that. :slight_smile:

Just the idea and thought which (as always) can be easily dropped off if it doesn’t suit.

And, ja, I’m running to download both 31 and 30. Shame on me I didn’t download 30 yet! Being at home this week obviously I became even more lazy(ish) then I usually am. - hehe

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brilliant, thank you! Yes, getting her to stop talking about photography will be the challenge…:wink:

2 Likes

@aran What about something on sugar (unless you covered it in the first 6 Growth Club chats, which I missed).

I seem to remember seeing a thread about you not eating sugar, specifically fructose(?), for 105 days or more. Perhaps you could chat about that, not the scientific detail, but what you ate and didn’t eat, how it affected other members of the family, ice cream, what happened about the cakes at bootcamp, whether it made any difference to how healthy you felt, whether you still do it or would do it again, did you beat your record?

2 Likes

For the remembrance … There was 105 days or more, yes … and the topic is here

It was not hard to find this thread anyway since typing sugar and Aran gives you only 2 findings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn am y sgwrs llyfrau! Mae’n braf cael rhywbeth ysgafn ac yn ddoniol ar y rhestr - os ydw i’n gallu ffitio nhw mewn rhwng y pethau llai ysgafn (fel arfer) bydda i’n trio darllen ar gyfer fy nghlwb llyfrau dros y haf…

Many thanks for the book ideas! It would be nice to read something light and amusing in Welsh for a change, if I can fit them in around the (generally less light and amusing) stuff I’ll be trying to read for my Welsh book club over the summer!

2 Likes

Diolch o galon! That’s next week sorted out :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

@netmouse - croeso mawr! Falch iawn i ti fwynhau - gobeithio bydd rhai ohonyn nhw yn plesio :slight_smile:

And yes! I’ve stuck to it! GC32 is up and waiting for you…

And I think if we double up again this coming Friday, we’ll have caught up - does that sound plausible to the rest of you? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know, I know, it’s unusual…

But for 3 weeks in a row, that’s a Growth Club session posted correctly on the Friday! #33 waiting for you - hope you’re interested in a slightly obsessive man waffling about food…:wink:

2 Likes

Whoo-hoo! Growth Club #34 up and waiting for you - and I think that’s us back up to full speed, isn’t it? So this coming Friday, we’ll be back to our usual Friday publishing schedule… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Incidentally, it would be very interesting hearing what you think of these recordings - good, bad, indifferent, whatever - it will all help us fine tune and make them as useful for you as possible… :slight_smile:

They’re very useful, even for a beginner like me. The topics are varied and interesting: gardening, car problems, Star Wars, Beatrix Potter, etc. I can only get the gist of the recordings, but I listen to them over and over and over. . .your voices are very easy on the ears. I look forward to each new recording. Keep them coming! Diolch yn fawr!

3 Likes

I actually listened the last two instead of keeping them on as background noise and I liked them (even if I got really hungry for some reason).

How about something about your adventures around the globe when you were younger?

2 Likes

For this one I’d click :heart: twice of it would be possible. I wondered about them many times.

1 Like

Great to hear that - diolch yn fawr iawn, Pwyll!

Yup, can do - diolch yn fawr! Requests for subjects are hugely, hugely helpful… :star: :star2:

1 Like

Grrr. Bad though I feel to break this good run of consistent Friday publishing, I’m going to have to beg your indulgence today - feelings are running a little high at SSi Towers, and it’s unlikely either Catrin or I could talk sensibly about anything at all today.

I would have promised Monday as an alternative - but I’m going to be doing my intensive day of Manx on Monday! www.saysomethingin.com/manxday

So hand on my heart, we’ll get this week’s Clwb Tyfu done on Tuesday… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can sense your feelings and I’m equally … (I’m not sure what … sad, worried, angry, depressed … ) so at least I (but don’t doubt the others too) can perfectly understand the situation. I couldn’t work all day and did million things wrong myself … what all I’ll see on Monday …

And … pob lwc am Dydd Llun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Argghgggghggh…

I hate when I miss as badly as that. Sorry sorry sorry. I couldn’t have put two full sentences together on Tuesday, let alone record a Growth Club chat. My brain didn’t even start to work again properly until about mid-day on Thursday (and of course we had one of those days on Friday)…

But… I have just done a quick recording, before we take Angharad Lliar up to Bangor to the hospital (she fell on the trampoline while trying to do a somersault yesterday, drove her chin into her chest, and still feels in pain, so although it didn’t seem worth a trip to see a doctor yesterday, it does today)…

Once I get back from Bangor, I’ll transcribe today’s recording (which is an intro to the ‘lived in lots of countries’ stuff) - and then we’ll do another one tomorrow, and another on Wednesday (because I’m going to be down in Cardiff for a conference this Friday).

Phew…

So, the last but one Growth Club coming your way later on today - then last week’s coming tomorrow - then this week’s on Wednesday…:wink:

Thank you for not shouting at me, however much I deserve it! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Hope she’ll be fine. Incidentally, there was an article in Finnish news just a few days ago, that unsuccesfull somersaults are the usual reason behind serious injuries for children on trampoline. :fearful:

1 Like