The SSi Growth Club

Certainly can. You can, in fact, reactivate a cancelled subscription without having to re-enter card details, if you want :smile:

2 Likes

Problem solved ā€¦ (if anyone tend to worry about such things.) :slight_smile: @Kinetic you are a (tech) ā€œlawā€! :slight_smile:

EDIT
I finally got from babbling stage to doing things one and commited my vow to Growth Club with share of 10 GBP with possibility of ā€œupgradingā€ in the future ā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Four days, and weā€™re already up to Ā£290 a month in the Growth Club - seriously, I cannot even begin to thank you all enough. By the time we hit 1k, weā€™ll have L2 Welsh (northern and southern) and Spanish finished and published in a couple of months - or even less, since we can start buying some of Jeffā€™s time already.

Youā€™ve already made a remarkable difference - and I have no doubt but that we will look back at this and see it as the beginning of a real change of gear for SSi.

:heart:

@gruntius, @jonmcleod, @mikeellwood - diolch, diolch o waelod calon! :heart:

Is there anyone in here I havenā€™t thanked?!

@ianblandford - yes, all sorts of definite neurological benefits from intense activity like this - I can point you at some good books/articles if youā€™d like :sunny:

4 Likes

@ianblandford - yes, all sorts of definite neurological benefits from intense activity like this - I can point you at some good books/articles if youā€™d like

Cheers, thatā€™s be great.

I so wish I could support this venture. Times are hard in Greece at the moment and I donā€™t have much work, so I am unable to subscribe at present. I hope that the recession will not last forever, though! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I really like SSIW and it has given me hours of entertainment. Have mangaed to change my phone contract to make up the difference for the growth club.
Who needs to chat on the phone when they could be learning welsh? :slight_smile:
(Was quite interested in the brain leakage thing as well!!)

4 Likes

@Millie - thank you so much for even thinking about it! Itā€™s obviously tough and challenging times out there right now, so thereā€™s no way weā€™d want to add any pressure - your good wishes are more than enough :star: :star2:

@jenny_white_378 - wow - Iā€™m pretty much speechless that you would go to the trouble of cutting other costs to be able to support SSi - I canā€™t begin to say how inspirational that is. Diolch o waelod calon.

Weā€™re up to Ā£350 a month now, which is already a gear change for us - Iā€™ll have another round of making sure everyoneā€™s heard about it once the kids are back at school, and then itā€™ll be full speed ahead with mastering audio files and getting a Kickstarter campaign together :sunny: :sunny:

3 Likes

Wow. We throw this idea out there and go away for a week, and by the time weā€™re back thereā€™s Ā£390 a month in the pot.

Youā€™re changing the future of this project. Heartfelt thanks to our magnificent 29!

If we can get to Ā£500 a month, we should have L2 Spanish and Welsh (north and south) completed in about 5 months, and then weā€™ll push on with L3 (as well as the other languages that are going to be starting in the next few weeks). If we can get further than that, the timescale will come down - so it would be rather lovely if our most passionate and wonderful supporters could spread the word about this :sunny:

8 Likes

Aran, I just know by this, you like me, are jumping out of your skin at the thought of completing L3 Spanish as well as L3 Welsh - so all our dreams actually come true! A rare event in this world.

1 Like

Every month a little extra youā€™ll see on your PayPal acount. 10 is too little for me and 20 is just a bit too much right now, so Iā€™ll go way around to fit what I am able give at the moment. :slight_smile:

I hardly wait to see what you prepared regarding other languages for us ā€¦

2 Likes

Now Iā€™m only a month from my first ever ā€˜properā€™ pay check, Iā€™m in :smile:

6 Likes

Ooh, does that mean new job, Rachel? Llongyfarchiadau!

1 Like

Ā£420 a month - this is turning into a game-changer :fire: :fireworks: :star2:

9 Likes

Yes! Graduated this year and will be starting a full time job in an office, thankfully no longer carrying heavy plates and trying not to spill gravy on brides! (I used to work in wedding catering in the uni breaks, brides who have red wine and/or gravy are the most stressful thingā€¦)

5 Likes

I well remember the catering jobs - luckily we never did that many weddings! Good on you for sharing your pay cheques like this so soon in your career :slight_smile:

3 Likes

GavinM:
some of us with the best will in the world, are probably unable to make this monthly financial commitment. A suggestionā€¦how about drawing up a system where instead of committing monthly, those of us of meagre financial means are able to make a one-off donation to SSi for any amount we can afford?

At least this way, we would be able to feel that we are making a small contribution to getting the show on the road.

I really feel there would be no need for you to offer anything in return for such donations - you already give us so much with this wonderful ssi system.

Aran:
Gavin, I hugely appreciate your support, and take your point entirely. We can already dig out a ā€˜donationā€™ link to Paypal - Iā€™ll fiddle around and try to get a link to it in this thread (although it might end up not happening until we get back from County Durham a week on Monday)
[/quote]

Aran, any movement on this yet? Iā€™m still waiting to make my massive donation to the cause!

3 Likes

Just suggestion: what about PayPal email? Not that I give some huge amounts but I manage to send money directly without troubles ā€¦ if youā€™re ā€œimpatientā€ (donā€™t take me too sirious on this word, please) you can give it a try. I usually choose option as if sending money to family and friends so I can choose to pay fee along with ā€œdonationā€ too and it works just fine.

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder, Gavin! :star: :star2:

So, in a very quick/dirty way, here is a link which goes to a donation pageā€¦

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=34H5S6E4FYCAN

Diolch, diolch, diolch! :sunny:

3 Likes

Diolch, Aran. I have now made a small donation via this Paypal link. Hopefullly (to steal Tescoā€™s slogan) ā€œEvery Little Countsā€!

I wish that I could afford more (or indeed, to commit myself to a monthly amount). But as an OGR (Old Git, Retired) I have to manage my finances very, very carefully!

I hope SSi goes from strength to strength. It, and you, deserve to. Pob lwc.

PS Something for your ā€œIT wallahā€ ā€¦once I had made the Paypal payment, I was supposed to be directed back to the SSi webpage. But the message flashed up on screen HTTP404 ā€œPage Not Foundā€.

1 Like

Agreed, when I donated through it some months ago, I encounterred the same thing but somehow (I donā€™t know why really) didnā€™t mention it here. So this redirecting really must be broken somehow. @aran drawing your attention. ā€¦

1 Like