Washington, DC: Saturday 1 May 2021 next monthly meetup (via Zoom!)

I will update this thread each month with news of our meetups; look further down the thread for the most recent information.

The first Saturday of every month is the usual date for our lively Welsh conversation group in Washington, D.C. Come join us! We have had up to a dozen folks in recent months, many learning with SSIW.

Next meeting: Sat 1 November 2014 (First Saturday of every month)
10:30 - noon

Teaism at Penn Quarter
400 8th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20004
http://www.teaism.com
It’s about a block from the Archives-Navy Memorial Metro station; parking at meters or in nearby pay garages. Buy your food and drink upstairs and then come find us downstairs. Everyone’s welcome!

1 Like

Is the December 6th meeting in DC on? Holidays haven’t crowded it out?

Nope, no crowding out – our December meeting will go on as usual. Hope you can come!

The first Saturday of every month is the usual date for our lively Welsh conversation group in Washington, D.C. Come join us! We have had up to a dozen folks in recent months, many learning with SSIW.

Next meeting: Sat 6 December 2014 (First Saturday of every month)10:30 - noon

Teaism at Penn Quarter400 8th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20004http://www.teaism.comIt’s about a block from the Archives-Navy Memorial Metro station; parking at meters or in nearby pay garages. Buy your food and drink upstairs and then come find us downstairs. Everyone’s welcome!

I’m going to miss the January group, but at the December meeting a number of others confirmed that they’d be there. So it’s on!

Next meeting: Sat 3 January 2015 (First Saturday of every month)10:30 - noon

Teaism at Penn Quarter400 8th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20004 – http://www.teaism.com .
It’s about a block from the Archives-Navy Memorial Metro station; parking at meters or in nearby pay garages. Buy your food and drink upstairs and then come find us downstairs. Everyone’s welcome!

1 Like

Gyfeillion, sori for the late notice, but the normal meeting for tomorrow (7 Feb 2015) is CANCELLED because many of the ffyddlon (faithful) have conflicting obligations. We’ll resume in March!

Next meeting:
Sat 7 March 2015 (First Saturday of every month), 10:30 - noon
Teaism at Penn Quarter, 400 8th Street NW, Washington, DC, 20004 – http://www.teaism.com

A reminder that our next monthly gathering is this Saturday. Unfortunately I won’t be able to come this time, but I know several other friendly and helpful folks will be there.

Our next monthly meetup here in Washington, D.C. is this Saturday morning (details above). Come discuss the best way to eat your cwningen siocled. Ears first, or no?

1 Like

Our next monthly meetup in Washington, D.C. is Saturday morning, May 2nd (details of location & time in first post). Come join us!

1 Like

Shwmae, Washington DC Welsh learners and speakers! In addition to plugging this Saturday’s conversation group (details in the first post of this thread), I’m writing to encourage you to respond to an email you should have gotten from group member Jim Walker on April 10th.

Jim volunteered to write up an article about our group for Ninnau (the newspaper (in English) on Welsh-interest topics in North America). We’re hoping to encourage people in other cities to form groups like ours. I honestly believe that there are Welsh speakers and learners all over the place who just need help finding each other. Over the three-ish years that our group has been going, I’d estimate that at least 25 different people have come to at least one meeting, and most months we have six to eight “regulars.”

We plan to take a photo to illustrate the article at this Saturday’s meeting, so come swell the scene!

2 Likes

This Saturday (June 6th) is our next meetup. I won’t be there :frowning:, but other regulars will be, plus somebody has asked if their mom & dad who are first-language speakers visiting D.C. can come as drop-ins. (Answer: Absolutely! After a “drop-in” has been present for five minutes, we deem him or her a full-fledged member!)

1 Like

Well, our usual pattern is to meet on the first Saturday of every month, but in July that would put us on July 4th in downtown DC, and that is a very very bad idea for anybody trying to do anything but stake out a place on the National Mall to sweat and watch fireworks.

So…our next meetup will be delayed a week, to Saturday, July 11th (10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter, as usual). More details are in the first post of this thread. Dewch yn llu! (Come in droves!)

1 Like

Reminder – tomorrow’s our July meetup. Ymunwch â ni! (Join us!) Beginners welcome.

1 Like

It’s that time – our first-Saturday-of-every-month gathering is this Saturday morning (August 1st). Details in the first post of this thread. Come on down!

We’ll probably cancel the September meeting, because many regulars will be going instead to the North American Fesitval of Wales (including me, for the first time, yippee).

1 Like

Our Washington, D.C. meetup will skip the month of September so people can go to the National Festival of Wales in Columbus, Ohio. We’ll resume our first-Saturday-of-every-month pattern on Saturday, October 3rd (details in the first post of this thread).

1 Like

Remember, no D.C. meetup in September. See you on October 3rd! Full details of meetup in first post of the thread.

Aaaand we’re back! Next monthly meetup is this Saturday, October 3rd, 10:30-noon at Teaism Penn Quarter. Details are in the first post of this thread. Wela’i chi yno! (See ya there!)

1 Like

Our monthly Welsh conversation gathering in Washington Dc is THIS SATURDAY (7 November). Details in the first post of this thread. Come one, come all!

1 Like

This Saturday (5 Dec) is our regular monthly gabfest in Washington DC. We’ll probably take January off, so come on down! Details are in the first post of this thread. All levels of learners & speakers are welcome!

1 Like

We’re skipping January, but we’ll pick back up with our first-Saturday-of-the-month Welsh conversation group in Washington DC on Saturday, 6 February 2016. Details are in the first post of the thread.