Welcome!

Welcome to our brand new forum - which we’ve been promising for ages, and which is now finally here!

We’re planning on developing it over time - adding categories as and when necessary, and so on - for the time being, please fire away in here with any questions you have… :sunny:

Hi, feel really silly! Don’t really understand how to make a comment or a question or even introduce myself on the forum! Or have I just done it? Can anybody help me? Thanks. Maeve

You’ve certainly just made a comment, @maeve_jordan !

To introduce yourself a little more fully, you might like to go here:

http://forum.saysomethingin.com/category/spanish

and then click on ‘Create topic’ in the top right, and give it a title like ‘Introducing Maeve’… :sunny:

Hello, I am trying to continue learning Spanish, and have used Language Transfer and Pimsleur. The Spanish, I am learning on, say it in Spanish seems quite different in someways, and I am wondering This is Spanish, spoken in Spain, rather than in Mexico and South America? And would I be better off with a program that focuses on South American Spanish? I am not sure where I should post this question, so I’m just posting it here. Thanks for any help you can give me.

1 Like

Hi Joan - we lean more towards ‘as in Spain’, although not entirely - from my own experience, you’ll find that however you learn, you’ll have some fine tuning to do with the people you speak to most often - and it feels a bit intimidating at first, but it doesn’t take all that long to adjust - so the main thing is for you to be happy with the way in which you’re learning :slight_smile: