Welsh Gigs - DATES AND LOCATIONS! 🎸

Yn cyflwyno arlwy o gerddoriaeth newydd diddorol a chyfareddol o Gymru, gyda’r prif berfformiad gan enillydd Gwobr Gerddoriaeth Gymreig, GWENNO, “gweledydd awyrgylch a gweadwaith synth-pop” - PITCHFORK

Presenting a line up of intriguing and bewitching new music from Wales, headlined by Welsh Music Prize winner GWENNO “a visionary of synth-pop moods and textures.” - PITCHFORK

RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/1163317340438270/
07/04/2018
4.30pm - 10pm, Tš Pawb
Am ddim / Free

Gwenno​
Seazoo​ | Eitha Da | Cull​ | SpitBucket​ | Hood Flair​ | Someperson.​ | Cy Humphreys​

#trawsnewid
berf.

1. Trawsnewidiad, trawsffurfiad, newid o un cyflwr, lle, i un arall, cyfnewidiad

transform
verb

1. Make a marked change in the form, nature, or appearance of
1 Like

2 Likes

So wish I could get to that Gwenno gig. Am ddim too - lucky people of Wrecsam!

I always seem to find out about live gigs after they’ve happened! Apart from keeping an eye on this thread, or searching individual band websites, how else do people find out about Welsh language events?

Can anyone recommend any event listing type websites specifically listing upcoming Welsh language music events/gigs?

1 Like

I hope it’s OK with you @Gog, but I’ve moved your messages to a new thread.

You inspired me to start a new thread, which is dedicated to giving out information about Welsh gigs! Thank you for your comprehensive information, it’s fabulous and will definitely help members like @warrendavies to find events before they happen! Diolch! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There’s list by Radio Cymru - but it’s not as comprehensive as one would like it to be…

Also see @robbruce 's post here regarding Eisteddfod gigs…

3 Likes

Thanks @CatrinLliarJones - should be a really useful thread!

I’ve seen a ‘Welsh Music Events’ group on Facebook, but it seems very cluttered, with lots of re-posts/bumps about the same gigs. This could become a much better resource. :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

@catrinlliarjones…no problem moving my post. Just hope it gets people interested and going. Ty Pawb is a new arts hub and advertising hasn’t been great but more and more people are sharing information and using social media, do I hope the gig gets good support

2 Likes

If you use Twitter you can follow Hansh and get a weekly Gigiadur from the lovely Heledd HMS Morris:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Waw! Who is going?

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/events/161878494639474

the awesome, legendary anweledig are back!! along with a whole host of young, exciting bands, including my other favourites, brechiau hir…july 14th, blaenau ffestiniog.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1667899129957094&set=gm.161966641297326&type=3&theater

i already have my ticket!

2 Likes

Great to see the return of GĹľyl y Car Gwyllt. Superb! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’d love to go, but for lots of reasons I can’t. :disappointed:

The gig / beer festival to launch ticket sales for Sesiwn Fawr in Dolgellau (in July) is THIS WEEKEND.

1 Like

3 Likes

I was shocked, shocked to discover that this hasn’t sold out. It’s on Friday. Come on Cardiff people! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unbelievable. I’m going, are you? is anyone else? Can we organise something SSIWy for peeps who don’t know each other yet / gig buddying?

Try asking in the gig buddy thread and see what comes up - you never know! :wink:

Yes. Angela and I are driving down after work. See you there!